icon

which cd player should i get?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
should i get the pioneer premiere DEH-860mp or the alpine cda-9835?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
Id do the pioneer. It puts out a cleaner signal over the preout section and, in my opinion, it has a better sounding on board amp. It also has a better eq section on the deck
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
i will be using a amp to power my speakers, so i don;t really need the internal amp, i just need soehitng that is going to make my amp run my sub the best
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
So like I said, The pioneer has a cleaner preout section so its gonna send a cleaner signal to your amp which is gonna make your amp sound better which is gonna make your speakers sound better. Last test results I saw in a magazine took the 8500 pioneer from last year and an alpine that was in the equivelent dollar range and the pioneer squashed the thing in catagories like output volltage, signal to noise ratio and THD. Those are what counts to me when I look for a deck. I have an alpine deck right now and I cant wait to ditch it because I think It sounds like crap. I put a pioneer deck in from my store and it sounded a whole lot better so that convinced me.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

wow, i always thought the alpines were better, the premiere is 799.99 at my local store, and the alpine is like 629.99, although i can get deals on both of them, probably cost me 600 even for the alpine, and 800 even for the pioneer, so os it worth it for the extra 200 bucks?

Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Well lets put it this way. After hearing the difference you couldnt get me to buy a alpine deck ever again. Infact I am in the process of getting a 8600 myself. I am just waiting for it to come in.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
the 8600 or the 860,. the 860 is the better one with 6.5 pre outs, the 8600 is the regular pioneer, the 860mp is the premiere?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

Both are good cd players, however look past what they look like and the "specs". You will find that how they operate and sound will be entirely different. In a blind taste test, 9 out 10 prefer Canadian beer, wonder why? Look past the flashy light shows and flip over our down touch panel lcd multifunction microwave cell phone displays and take a good hard look at the cd player itself. Then compare the left over shell against a more refined cd player like a basic Denon, Nakamichi or Eclipse. The only way for you to understand is to listen to it in your vehicle. There are so mant times that I wish I could live in the US and trust the person on the other end of the computer, for if I could I would send them one of each cd player for them to find out for themsleves.

More and more people are finding out that a cd player is the most important part of the signal chain, it will drastically effect the capabilities of the system in general and as Ravendarat found out, a difference in sound. Throw specs out the window, they will not tell yo how a cdp layer will sound or perform.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yes thats right. I am getting the 8600 because thats what I deal. I dont deal the premiere line and even though I could get it for personal use I demo my car to sell equipment so I am not gonna use a head unit that I dont sell but my competion does.The advantage to the 860 is the gold plated preouts, the upgrade preout voltage and a 2 year warrenty out of the box.
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
;i got the 860 pioneer. man i have had different decks wit subs. but once i put that pioneer deck. my sh*t banged even louder. i got my off ebay for 350 an it was refurbished so there u go. my 2 dimes worth more than 2 centswhich cd player should i get? -- posted image.
southsider
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic