icon

which cd player should i get?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
350, weill, im from canada, i have an ebay account, on ebay, there were quite a few on there, the 860 was only 329.99 american, if it thats cheap, i would rather pay more and get the 960, are any of those people good to buy form, is it worth the risk, if i buy it form the store, it gonna cost me 800 canadian, if i bought it off the net, it gonna cost me 500 canadian wioth shipping
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

Rob.... do you ever get the feeling sometimes that they just dont hear a word you say?????

the "old school" let your ears be the judge cant win a battle against "specs" and "PR advertising hype"

heck, some dealers nowadays advertise a "Room of Boom" or " House of Boom "... i remember when boom was a bad thing... when boom was what you tried to eliminate from a system... not pay extra for.......  it seems Fidelity and Car Audio have almost become mutually exclusive terms

anyway.... i assume if all southside was hoping for in a buying  a new head unit was that his "sh*t banged even louder" then he is more than happy with a refurb unit purchased on the worlds largest garage sale.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
kgerry 
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
keep in mind 97Neon that if you buy in the US you have to get it serviced in the US....POC does not warranty product that was not bought here in canada
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
I will b the first to admit that the main stream decks like pioneer, clarion, alpine, jvc,kenwood and sony are not gonna hold a candle comparred to decks like Nak Denon and Eclipse but none of those were an option that were presented. I personally love Nak decks, never heard a denon and liked eclipse decks but I have a feeling hat now that they are dealing with chain stores I have to think that their quality is gonna drop some. I was just saying that out of the options presented I thought the pioneer was better
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
ok grewat, i can;t go and ask the store to let me use 20 of there decks to see which one sounds better, so im asking if anyone knows which one sounded better for them, i need one or the other, which one is gonna sound the best,
kgerry 
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

heres an idea...take a couple of your favorite discs, put 10 bucks worth of gas in your car, and go shopping.....

there's lots of good head units out there... you'll find the right one for you...

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
yup i'm very happy with my sh*t matter of fact. an yup my stuff does sound really good. thank goodness for the worlds biggest garage sale huwhich cd player should i get? - Page 2 -- posted image.
southsider
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
I think what he meant was to take a cd you like and that sounds good down your local car audio shop and stick in everything they have hooked up. Remember you're the one who is going to be listening to the deck...not us. The recommendations you're getting are based on personal opinion. All these decks sound wonderful on paper. And the high numbers make them seem like the s#*t. But when it comes down to it....it's your ears who will make the final decision. People can recommend all the high end decks in the world to you and if a Pyle or a Boss Audio sounds the best to you..then that's what you should buy. But the 860 is a pretty good deck. In my opinion.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   which cd player should i get? - Page 2 -- posted image.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
but there decks arn;t hooked up to my specific speakers, and it;s in a big showroom, which sounds totally different then my neon, nevemind, i will just by one of them
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
If you go to one shop and listen to a few decks in your price range using the same pair of speakers on test then being in a showroom doesnt matter. It wont sound like it will in your car but that doesnt matter because all decks are tested under the exact same variables. So whatever sounds best in the show room should sound best in your car. Now remember that if you go to different shops then you probally wont be able to test the decks on the same speakers as the last place and you will be in a different room so it wont matter. Also generally if you go to say 4 shops the stuff at the last shop usually sounds best because its the freshest thing in your mind. Pick one shop and go from there.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic