the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

My new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Where in Canada are you? Is your budget just on equipment including taxes or is it an installed price including taxes, wire etc. At least we finally know that you want to go for SPL. But seeing as you are seemingly new to this, it would best to do this in baby steps, do not bite off more than you can chew. The big bad subs and amps are all good but an amp cannot make power unless it is given power, thus the carging system of the vehicle is going to need a major overhaul. Are you going to do this one step at a time or say screw it Rob, here is my cash what are you going to do with it. I and others can recommend lots of things for you, the trick is to match it together correctly and for it to be used properly. What is your idea of loud? Have you been to a contest before to get an idea of loud and do you have an idea of how loud it takes to cause permanent hearing damage. This should concern you.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Grat_master 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

I live in Quebec, and you ? Is there any contests in Quebec ?

Look, I have about $2500us for everything that makes sound, if I can tell it like this(amps, subs, car charging system etc) ... and about 500$ for the wires and all the rest of the equipment, if it costs me less, I'll use it for installation costs ... it's my friend (who know exactly what he is doing) who gonna make the installation so, for this side, it'll not be so expensive ... I know what I want and, at the same time, don't know ... I want to participate in spl contests, and win ! but, I'll use this car every day, until I can buy another one ... so it has to be, with strong volume, a winning system and, with low volume, maybe an extremely loud system, but I don't want permanent hearing damage ...

Is that possible ? and if so, when I'll buy a new car, will I be able to remove it and reinstall it in the new car ?

thx alot

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse titaniums would be amazing. Maby 2 titanium 12's running on 2 mrd-m1000. ahhh that would kill.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Titaniums in Canada are hella expensive and he would really have to step up for an amp, this would kill his budget in a hurry. I'll work on something and post it up later on.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Grat_master 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

Is this setup could be great for what I want ?

2x Adire Audio Brahmas 12­''

running on

2x mtx Thunder1501d ??

let me know what you think !

flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
hmm sounds interesting...how about you get you some kappas up from which will run you about 300 for 2 pairs + add about an 85w eclipse amp to that...which i would guess is upwards of 300so killed 600us on highs alone guesstament which leaves you with 1900usd with that im guessing you could do good damage....btw are you looking at buying online or local shops? cuz that could also be a factor.... for subs id say go with some diamond audio TDX, Adire Brahma, JL W7, MTX 9500, or L7 4 10s of either one with proper amp on each of course....im guessing that would run you right up there... im saying 10s b/c you can fit more and its tighter bass imo
Grat_master 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

But are you saying that I should put 4 different subs ? And for spl competition, I really need all these highs speakers ? I should really go with 4 10s ? Somebody know where I can see if there is contests near my home ?

thx !

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
ya what about those new MTX subs. Are they ne good? I havent heard them yet i just know a lot of people were awaiting their arrival.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Grat_master 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
your saying "with proper amp, of course...", but what would be a proper amp for these subs ?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Grat_master wrote:

But are you saying that I should put 4 different subs ?

Flatulatta was just suggesting different brands of subs.

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic