My new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Grat_master 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  

oops sorry, thought  he wrote "... of each one..."

so which one would be the best one ? I think I should go with the Brahmas, but I just want to know what you think ...

Grat_master 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

So, forbidden, have you found something good for me plz ?

thx

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
I just tested one of these.  DAMN.  You want the ultimate car stereo subwoofer?  Try this Magnat.  Clean, linear response down to a genuine 16Hz and 120db with 300 watts input.
Support the12volt.com
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have been  just a tad busy (swamped) with business in the last week and it looks the same this week, I'll see what I can do for you.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

Hey. If you are not worried about warranty or anything like that and want to get something LOUD for as cheap as possible, check out this system. Two 12 inch Audiobahn aw1208T subwoofers. running off an Audiobahna2300hct amp. The subs are 1500 RMS each and 3000 peak each (dual 2 ohm). the amp is 1200 watts RMS x 2 @ 1ohm. that would be killer. and with these prices that would bring you to about 1500 CND. Then you can buy a 180 amp alternator for about $500 to get the needed power to the amp. and you can then afford to get a professionally built box and instal done. and also you will need wires, fuse/holder, rca's. You can probably get all of this for around 2500-3000 CND.

subs  http:///.ca/dll?ViewItem&category=48613&item=3096333185&rd=1

amplifier http:///.ca/dll?ViewItem&category=48597&item=5700378657&rd=1

Soccer_aholicMy new system - Page 4 -- posted image.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Here's one for ya, Get 4 MTX Superwoofer tens, two 6001 MTX Mono Blocks, a pioneer 6600 and a pld1 phoenix gold linedriver. After tax your gonna be able to get into this for about 2500 bucks canadian and then you still have 500 bucks for front end and an amp for them. Gonna be a tight install but its gonna be loud as hell.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Audiobahn wont work for this.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, I would try to stay away from audiobahn. I'm not a big mtx fan either, but thats another story....

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Grat_master wrote:

oops sorry, thought  he wrote "... of each one..."

so which one would be the best one ? I think I should go with the Brahmas, but I just want to know what you think ...

The Brahma's will work fine.  We have several people competing with them.  IMO they are one of the best SQL subs on the market (SQL= SQ and SPL mixed).  They get really loud, and sound great doing it.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
I just tested one of these.  DAMN.  You want the ultimate car stereo subwoofer?  Try this Magnat.  Clean, linear response down to a genuine 16Hz and 120db with 300 watts input.

That sub looks pretty interesting.  How much does it go for?  At 20", it must cost a lot.

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic