the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alpine Type-R or Infinity Kappa Perfect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

I'm looking for a new sub now since my MTX 6000 sh*t out on me. I've been looking at the Alpine Type-R 1221D (12" sub 2ohm DVC) for a while now, and someone told me that Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 (12" 4 ohms) They would each be hooked up to my current setup which is a RF 360.2 amp (360 watt RMS) at 4 ohms.

As for the entire system i'm looking to get the perfect mixture of SQ and SPL ... basically a really loud SQ system. Right now i hvae 3-way Pioneer 6x9s in the deck and 3-way Pioneer 6.5s in the front doors each getting 45watts from an MTX 442 amp.

The box for the sub is a foberglss on that i have built that has aproximitly i cu. ft.

I've heard type-Rs ... but never in a SQ setup. A kid i know from school has three of them in his Imprezza and i can hear it from a quarter mile away. But i have never heard the Infinities, i've only heard about them.

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

I think you would be satisfied with either of those subs with that power in a 1cuft sealed enclosure.

Quad L Handyman services
Pola_Trucos 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have just made my custom box for my two alpine r 12's> It's a two chamber sealed box with 1cu. feet per chamber. All i can say is....... I love them!!!!!!!!
Dont use ten words when 5 will do fine.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yea man. I've owned both, and they both sounded the same to me. But personally, I think the type r's hit just a tad harder. I had mine set up in sealed both times (type r's and perfects). Check them out if you want, but I dont think they are any different.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
what is going to make or break either sub is the box and the amp...both subs are almost equal but in different set-ups they will sound so different i have R-10's out preforming perfect 12's but that is only because of the amp and box.
Quad L Handyman services
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
very true. good input Ketel
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
I have the type R 12" and did not have it setup right until now. Once I got the amp for the sub(ALpine MRD500) setup right, the sub sound great. Excellent spl and sq of which I really wanted the sq. Only pro's for it. No cons from me on this sub. Never heard the INfinity Kappa, although I have the entire Infinity setup in my home theater, and I love them too and want nothing else (maybe Bose someday when I can afford it!).
About the amp and the setup is very true. If the amp is not good or not setup right, the sub wont perform to its best. It's like putting racing-car wheels, but a poor engine. You need both!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
No Bose, Not a good Idea. No highs No Lows  Must be Bose. Over priced door stops and paper weights.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
i think he was refering to home systems when he mentioned bose
Quad L Handyman services
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
so  was I
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic