icon

Alpine Type-R or Infinity Kappa Perfect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepebble 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have owned and heard both the type r and the perfect, and I can tell you that both subs are tight they both pounded and they both sounded great!  the difference I heard between them was the infinity sounded slightly better and the type R was slightly louder either way you cannot go wrong g'luck
djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
i have heard one 12" type R side by side with a 12" Perfect series. Grant it that the boxes and amps were not the same, but the type R was louder and hit harder, however i felt the Perferts were alot cleaner. They seemed to just blow the alpines in SQ but not in SPL. I am not saying the alpines have bad SQ because they were good. Good but not great. If you are going for SQ and SPL, i would go with the Type R just becase of the large advantage over the Perfects in SPL.
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
i'm thinking about the Perfects since right now i can get them for cheaper than the type-Rs
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  
Perfects cheaper than the type R thats something new to me.
Quad L Handyman services
ravenndude 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
what can i say ... i can find good deals. It is slightly used though
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
If you're getting them off ebay, just be a little careful. I got nabbed badly once. Sometimes, items look new but are sold due to some latent defect (and I am not talking about refurbished items either). Hopefully you're luckier than me.
Steve West 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Nah nah go for the Perfects! SPL is fine on them. Ive heard a 12" Type R driven by 500w Alpine amp and im using a 582w RF amp to power my perfect and id say theres nothing in em SPL wise. SQ though is way up with the Perfects it stupid. There's no competition in SQ which is what u really want coz both will go louder than u need anyway. Besides the Type R's look cheap!  
markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Steve West, have you tried your 582w RF amp with the 12" type R? Just wondering if your amp is better than Alpine's. If type R sounds better with your 582w RF amp, then the amp is definitely better. Also did you get a chance to test the Type R on both amps and see if it performed better with one over the other? I don't have the means to do that test as I don't know anyone personally who has a Kappa, although now that you mention how it is better than the Type R, I think I will start looking to change my speakers and Amp for it. I hope I am not making a mistake.
markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
ravenndude wrote:
How can we find those deals as well? Any suggestions? Google?
ravenndude 
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

markcars wrote:
ravenndude wrote:
How can we find those deals as well? Any suggestions? Google?

google is a great place to start. At the moment IkesSound has a couple 12.1s for $100 plus shipping on ebay. Remember, ebay isn't just for used stuff, a lot of stores use it for their checkout and stores use it to get rid of demo products.

another thing is froogle ---> http://www.froogle.com it's the same thing as google, but it on;y searches stuff that is for sale.

Also know HOW to actually search is a great thing. If you are looking for a certain model type this in for ebay ... Alpine +"SWR-1221D" ... if you aren't sure of the model you can look it up. Or if you jsut want subs from alpine do ... Alpine +(sub,subwoofer) ... the (word,word2) is an or statement. so its looking for Alpine +sub or Alpine +subwoofer.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic