Passlock II Bypass, 98 Silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rod2envy 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I just purchased two 2 way LCD Alarm/ Remote starts, one for a 2000 Jimmy suv and one for a 98 Silverado pickup. I wasnt aware of the existance of passlock II on this vehicles they seem to old to me to have them. The system I bought does not provide the wire that activates the DEI 555L bypass module which I believe is like some kind of ground signal, not sure though, I cant return the systems and spent almost 400$ on boths.

Question 1;

Can I wrap one of my keys on copper wire and connect it to the passlock wires on my vehicle and this will deactivate the passlock full time and if this is possible has anyone done it before and how can I do this?

Question 2;

Is there anyway in earth I could use the DEI 555L and have it activated by other means other than by the wire that most systems comes with, if this is doable can anyone please draw me a map so that I can follow it and get it done.

Thanks a lot!

Damian 

"You are either good or not good"
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Use a bypass module. Almost every remote starter made has a wire to activate these modules. It is usually called the ground out when running or negative out when running. Some also call it a third ignition trigger. If the install manual is available check for a wire that usually gives a gound just before remote starting and during remote start. It usually shuts off slightly after the starter is turned off or deactivated. What make and model are the units? This may help answer your problem.
sparky
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
what brand of RS units are they?  and what model?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
rod2envy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

The remote start is called Phoenix Digital PD-175, I bought it of E-bay, I checked the manual and I evern email the dealer that sells it and they said theres not a wire that would do this on this starter, I checked for a 3rd ignition wire but nothing. 

Is there a way to permanently ground the bypass module so it would work all the time? I dont mind loosing the passlock II. Thanks!

Damian 

mark mcj 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

If you r.s./alarm dosen't have an ignition 3 negative output you will need to use the #1 ignition to trip a relay that is isolated not to trip with the key.

Double check you install manual. I really think any two way remote start alarm system will have a negative ignition 3 output.

The pass-II system can't be bypassed witha wrap of the key or throwing a resistor in.

The Pass-II system sees a resistorized value in the ign 1 postion of the key cylinder then no value at start and then sees the resistor value after start. 

I really think the "00" Bkazer will be a Pass-I not a Pass-II. You may need to identify a "bulb check" wire. I'm kind of suprised the "98" P/U has any starter immobilizer.

The self learning DEI pieces are the way to go. For sure.

mark mcj
rod2envy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

I double check and theres no IGN3 on it,

I like the idea of the relay. So how would it work do I just buy an automotive relay 5 pins? then how would I wire it,,, I would assume the trigger pin goes to IGN1 or 2 right,,, and the rest of them where would they go.... could you break it down by pins... thank you 

I checked and it is Passlock II on both the 2000 Jimmy and 98 Silverado,, Im also surprised and frustrated, hopefully you guys will be able to help me make it happen... Thanks a gain!

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
I did a search on your Phoenix Digital PD-175 and found that it is only an alarm system. The remote starter is listed as optional. This probably means that you must also buy a stand alone remote starter that is designed to be activated by an output trigger from an alarm system. You say you can't return the units, but have you tried? The site I saw listed the price for the unit at $111.00 each.
sparky
mark mcj 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
This should work. If anyone sees a screw up shout it out.Passlock II Bypass, 98 Silverado -- posted image.
mark mcj
rod2envy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply!

it is a remote start, I have install this units a few times already in some friends vehicles, so I know for a fact it does remote start,

I see the 2 relay wiring, so I assume that the ground signals needed to trigger DEI 555L hooks up to the negative ignition 1 output, am I right.... let me know, :) I seriously appreciate this, Im crossing mmy fingers that this will work. :)

Damian 

eblend 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
mark...i have the exact same problem right now, really frustrating...but looking at your relay setup...got a question...the ign 1 to vehicle wire..is that the wire that you would hook up to your ign 1 in the car...the only wire to hook up to the  car...so basicly...you don't need another wire running from the rs to the ign1 wire in the car if you haev that one hooked up correct?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic