icon

Passlock II Bypass, 98 Silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eblend 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

okay..i got a problem now....my rs uses ignition 1 wire that is in the rs to determine if my car is running or not (when using the key to start)..therefore when it is running it disables the alarm from doing any of its automatic functions (basicly if that wire is not feeding ign1 from the car...it thinks that the car is not even running)...so i went along and followed your diagram and the passlock bypass powers on fine...but the rs start doesn't know that the car is running (when started with the key)...because the IGN1 wire is not feeding back the signal to the remote start...as it stops at pin 57 on your diagram...how can i get around this? Basicly my alarm still thinks its just sitting idle...and when i close my doors...after 30 seconds it automatically closes them and arms the alarm! i would imagine since ign1 is not feeding the signal back...even if i started with RS it would do the same thing (haven't tried with RS yes cuz my passlock is not configured yet)

rod2envy 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hey eblend, so it worked, the relay set up made the DEI 555L bypass module work? if it does then your problem might be that you need to connect the tach wire which will be strong enough to tell the starter to stop cranking. So whats it doing in your vehicle, what kind of vehicle you have and what are the symptoms.

Damian

"You are either good or not good"
rod2envy 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I just read it again, so the by pass does work and the vehicle starts with no problem, now when you get in and try to deactivate it it is not understanding that you put the key in and wont come off rs mode, am I right? if it is check your brake pedal wire, most systems when you insert the key into the run position and hit the break pedal it will deactivate the rs, in mine this wont work. I have to actually hit the button on my remote control to shut it off when I hava inserted the key. You might have to do the same.

Damian

"You are either good or not good"
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic