the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

best sound w/Sony subs/amp setup?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Setting gains
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
djhaf 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for all your help guys. i have another question... there's a connector on the back of my amp with two white wires and two grey wires... since im new to this whole crap, what would i use those wires for? the rear speakers?
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

No problem.

Hey there stevdart Maybe you can do me a favor and help answer his question.

and i'll just follow along and learn something.

^_^

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Chances are that these wires are on a small plug in molex? If this is the case they are probably a high level input and would not be used unless the cd player you are hooking up to does not have a rca preout.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
if it's the XM-2200GTX (the one that BangBang linked to earlier) then they're more than likely for the speaker/line level inputs. These are High Level inputs that are used if you are unable to run Low Level RCA's. Using RCA's for the input signal is the perfered method.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Sure, no problem Bang.  But I'm just gonna have to take a guess at this because my mexican beans ran out.  I would venture that those wires are for optional high-level connection and you won't use those.  You will use RCA connectors to the head.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hey sorry i dont have answer to your question about  that one. because i dont have my owners manual to the amp with me. sorry i'm at work right now but as soon as i get home i will be able to answer your SONY questions .

djhaf 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

ok, i think you guys are right about it being the optional high-level connection.

another question... on my amp wiring kit i bought... im kind of confused. i looked online for installation help, but i cant find any. my kit came with a fuse, but i have no idea where it goes. someone told me it goes on the wire that goes from the battery to the alt, but... as pictured, i dont see how it goes on the wire. is it supposed to be empty in the middle like it is, or am i missing something? =\ thanks for not throwing rocks at me for my stupid questions, lol

best sound w/Sony subs/amp setup? - Page 4 -- posted image.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ummmm dude, tab A does not fit into slot B. What you have is an incompatable fuse. You have an AGU fuse holder, thus you need an Agu fuse. AGU fuses can go as high as 70 amps that I have seen. If the amount of fusing in the amplifier is greater than this then we will need a different type of fuseholder. What is the fuse rating of the fuse that is shown there? The fuseholder goes on the power line between the amp and the battery. It should be no more than 18" away from the battery. It is there to protect the vehicle from meltdown, it has nothing to do with the amp.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

1.             Ok, the amp kit you have, holds a AGU fuse in it.

2.             the green fuse that you have is a blade fuse. and will not fit in it.
3.             That wire that you are showing me does not go from the battery to the alternator.
          it goes from the battery to the amp.
let me see if i can get you a picture of what the fuse looks like

that is supposed to go in that fuse holder.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic