icon

under seat amp install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cd2478 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  

hello again, ive been running all the wires for both of my amps which will be located underneath the seats and be fan cooled, its all been done except the amps being mounted, has anyone done such an install where the amps are mounted to the floor underneath the seats, what exactly would be the best way to mount it and what materials would be good, i was going to mount on some kind of wood to stop it from being so close to what its earthed too ;)

keep in mind im doing this from a security point of view, so the harder to steal the more practical it is going to be for myself.

any help would be appreciated..thanks

Raul Puente 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

what kind of car is this going in.

also the wood idea is also a good idea

just try to put the wood under the carpet

then maybe use some different type of

screws or bolts and best thing for

security is don't tell anybody where there at. 

cd2478 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  

its going into a 1990 mitsubishi lancer/mirage

i was also thinkin of running metal rails across where the bolts are at and joining it onto the seat shafts so the whole seat has to come off to even get access to the rails

main thing i forgot to mention..the ground is not flat :s

it could be mounted but how would i mount it securely since its on an angle

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
To make the ground level for the amp, you could put shims under the carpet where the amp mounts, until its level.
Raul Puente 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

hey all you got to do is put your mind to it  and do it

just take your time it sounds like your on the right track

just remember don't tell anybody.

One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

Polyurethane spacers work great for me,  you can find them at almost any body shop, you can cut them to size, and they work well.

~Jay

nickch 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
i'm thinking of doing that as well, as its very hard to dismantle the amp when its under the seat and it seems that the amp is usually the most expensive component in the system. However, i have a feeling that the flooring under my passanger seat has a hump or a metal bump sought of thing and might make mounting my amp a wee bit difficult. can someone post a picture of the polyurethane spacers because i dont think i can visualize how they look like yet.
cd2478 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
yeah as nickch said..sounds exactly like what the doctor ordered, but i have no idea what they are
nickch 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
i was thinking tho, over here in NZ, there've been some ppl giving the Lightning Audio Bolt Series 450W amp good reviews for powering a single sub system. This one guy apparently says that it made his 12" Pioneer 800W/400Wrms sub go hard. So i was thinking of getting 2 separate amps for both the speakers and the woofer. and since these amps are rather thin.  i was just thinking it might be possible to either mount them right next to the "bump", or if the bump is wide enough, right on the "bump" (tho i think there might be a possibility of pressure lines or wires running under the "bump") both on the driver's and passanger's seat.
westend 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Here are some poly urethane bumpers: http://http://www.polyprod.com/diestorage.html. You could just run some screws through the mounting board and let them stick out 1/4" into the carpet. Use some pieces of wood to level the board.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic