icon

Great system at a great price?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
So much for my question. The biggest criticism of sony I have seen is that they don't last long. If mine dies in the next year, I promise to tell you.
But as far as that alpine, it doesn't even have mp3 capability. But as I pointed out, a lot of it comes down to preference. I like mp3 cd's, a lot of people don't. I don't like how that clarion deck is set up (saw that same one for 149 at a local shop on clearance, still didn't get it). And as far as price, you are still gonna pay another 50 bucks with that site for shipping and installation material, for the record.
Owned? I didn't think denouncing my opinion qualified as getting owned. Also I am told by some people that have used sony in the past and more towards the present that they have gotten better about not crapping out after a year or so. I sure hope so, but then I hope to be up a bit higher in the market in that time frame anyway.
Thanks for your input, but I am just fine with my sony deck, my best friend is just fine with the exact same model as well.
As far as this thread goes though, with a great system at a great price. I would stay away from sony. I listed my sony as a way of listing my system, which for well under 1000 bucks sounds great. I do like the 300 dollar range alpine decks. I know a guy that drives a f350 heavy duty truck and works construction, and he claims his alpine has never skipped; i don't doubt it. Bottom line: sony, fine for a budget, not fine for the ultimate, but its hardly fair to group sony with the likes of lanzar, pyramid, legacy, or even JVC I would argue, but I am sure you have had a brother who saw one of those die within a year too. But simply, if it works for you, and it works well, then its fine. Sony works for me, and for the money I paid for it I think it is just fine (looks good, works, good set up). Compared to that alpine or clarion, I would take this sony any day.
gjones77 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  

Listen, the idea of the thread was "Great system at a great price", ans as everyone in this thread knows, Sony doesn't fall into that catagory. So please, enough whining about how we don't respect Sony and so forth. I'm on a budget also with my system, hence why I'm doing all this home work. So no more complaining at this point it's not productive

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic