icon

how is this setup?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2004 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Just out of curiousity, what is your affinity with tubes?
As someone who was impatient and went low end first (all sony) I can tell you if you do not think bigger first you will hate it. I just finished replacing my sony subs with infinity kappa perfects and there is just no comparison. The second you hear some other system with decent gear, you will know you made a mistake with that stuff.
Smoked Jesus 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

icu400 wrote:
Just out of curiousity, what is your affinity with tubes?
As someone who was impatient and went low end first (all sony) I can tell you if you do not think bigger first you will hate it. I just finished replacing my sony subs with infinity kappa perfects and there is just no comparison. The second you hear some other system with decent gear, you will know you made a mistake with that stuff.

id like the tubes to fit in behind the seat of my truck...

Smoked Jesus 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

im looking for a good 600-700 duo watt amp that i can buy for a reasonable price (up to $200)

if its not possible i might just wait a while....

Smoked Jesus 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2004 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2004 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

Whoa, you can easily go MUCH higher quality than the components you listed for under $400 for amp and subs.

LOTS of options, here's one after a quick search:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX311D

http://www.cardomain.com/item/XTAZ104   x 2 if you want.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/RTE32210  or build your own.

Under $400 for quality stuff.  If you don't go w/ 2 of the subs you can spend more on a better single driver.  Something like this:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFPERFECT101D

If you're just starting out, at least buy DECENT quality stuff. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Wow, that is an AMAZING deal on those xtant subs!  However I would purcahse this amp http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLBP6001 instead of the mtx .  Also I would not recommend that box, make sure the box you get is made out of MDF, not particle board as that one is.  You can find a prefab box at a car audio shop for around $60-70, or they can custom make you one for a little more.  Also, what kind of truck do you have and how much space do you have behind the seats?  You will need to know how much space you have to work with when buying a box.
Smoked Jesus 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2004 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

im putting this in a 96 Sierra....i have enough room

hows this setup.... 800 watt Kenwood amp

how is this setup? - Page 2 -- posted image.

infinity perfect 10"

how is this setup? - Page 2 -- posted image.

i already bought a deck yesterday

icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2004 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
much better
I have 2 of those 10's and they are amazing
Smoked Jesus 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

icu400 wrote:
much better
I have 2 of those 10's and they are amazing

aight thanks for the input...im gonna get one this month, then another next

now id like to know if i bridge this 800 watt amp into the Infinities, will it be too much power? it says the peak handling power for the subs are 1400, but i dont want to even test that....im gonna also need help hooking this sh*t up once it arrives...cant wait

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
The Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 is rated at a maximum of 350 watts RMS.  That amp looks like the Kenwood KAC 7201, which is rated at 230 watts X2 into 2 ohms stereo, or 460 watts RMS when bridged into 4-ohms mono.  It actually puts out much less at normal car voltage levels, probably closer to 350 watts than 460.  So as long as you are running the sub at 4-ohms you can bridged the amplifier and since Infinity tends to underrate a bit, you should be OK.  When you get a second sub you may be in trouble unless you can keep your ohm load at 4-ohms or higher.  And by the way, the "1400" and "800" watt numbers you are tossing around are peak ratings and have no real value in the real world.
Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic