the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Inst manual for 3.5 cliff and 791xv same?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Is the install manual (specifically programming features section) the same between clifford matrix 3.5 and viper 791xv?
boom, boom, boom boom....
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Yes...because they are the same alarm. All the typos are probably even the same in both.
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Cool because my bro had his installed and they didn't give him the install manual. I did my own and have mine so I will turn off his nuissance prevention circuit and change his engine cranking time for him.

Thanks

slade781 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
MBZ oe, this may be a dump question....but does the Viper 791XV have keyless entry?  Also, how thick is the remote?  Because I'm planning on getting it but I heard that it's kind of thick!?!  Thanks.
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
the 791xv is thinner than the 790. I think thats what you heard about. I really like the clifford rs 3.5 version because it has the carbon fiber remote with a cel phone -like detatchable belt clip. I was also told by my friend who sells both that the viper remotes have been coming back with problems.
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Just the remote or the whole alarm system as a whole?  Hmm....I wonder if I should go with a different system then?  MBZ oe, did you install your alarm system yourself or did a shop do it?  If you did it yourself, how hard was it?  Thanks.
sigma_x 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have the Viper 791XV and it works perfect, and has for 7 months. I just took it out of my Jetta and put it into my Bimmer, and its working great, minus remote start. I have to wire the remote start sensors (Tach..) before I can set it up, so the harness for it is sitting in my trunk.
One question for pro's: What causes the doors to auto-lock when the ignition is turned? It did it in the Jetta, but doesn't in the Bimmer.. I have most the wires the same, just not the remote start module wired up..
1993 BMW 325is
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, cool SiGmA_X.  How thick is the remote?  Also, I'm planning to use the alarm feature and the keyless entry feature but not the remote start one.  Will everything still be "okay?"
sigma_x 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
Beats me how thick or thin the remote is.. I can't judge size for sh*t.. Lets put it this way, its about as tall as maybe 1.5 CD cases? Its not that big.. But its what I use as my keyring cuz I don't like extra crap on it..
Right now my car doesn't have the remote start wired in (We couldn't find tach wire, so we didn't hook the harness up to the Brain) and it works perfect.. You could get a lesser alarm tho, with out remote start, couldn't you?
1993 BMW 325is
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

The remote is a half inch thick, 2" tall and1 inch wide. Have you seen the movie Zoolander by Ben Stiller? It's kinda like that tiny cel phone he had. I was messing with a couple people by acting like I was talking on it, and it was pretty funny. I heard one say "look how tiny his phone is". 

Regarding the remote start feature: I too was planning on not hooking up my remote start but wanted the extra outputs to control things and the 2 way features of the 791xv or RS 3.5 cliff. But when I was installing, I figured why not hook it up. Now I feel like Michael Knight from Knight Ryder when I remote start it. Now I just have to get my car to talk Inst manual for 3.5 cliff and 791xv same? -- posted image.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic