the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Inst manual for 3.5 cliff and 791xv same?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slade781 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
Is the 791 just a typical alarm system or are there like a whole bunch of other features to it.  Because I thought it was just an alarm system and you could add features to it but you would have to buy them seperately but when I took it to a shop today because I've been having problems with the installation, the guy wanted $485 for the installation due to the "additional features" that he would have to do.  So yeah, I'm just confused now....anyone know the answers to it please let me know.  Thanks folks.
Drey 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  

pffft.... hey, whoever can't find your tach... just change it to voltage sensing and you won't need a tach wire.  791 has keyless... you can have problems with buying an alarm that is meant to be set up with remote start and not hooking up the remote start, depending on where the brain is getting it's ignition and what not... if you just want the remote... you could get a lesser alarm and program that remote in... you could even do the 690 and still have the two way feature, but no remote start... some things to think about....

also... there's nothing extra with the 791... so whoever said that is bullsh*tin you... you have to buy that sh*t... it's just a normal alarm install... thats outragous... i just got through putting one of those in for a dinner in exchange

slade781 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yo Drey, thanks bro.  I kinda thought he was BSing me but didn't know for sure.  Damn jerk....  LOL  Wish you were around here to help me install.  I'd provide both lunch AND dinner.  LOL  :)
sigma_x 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Drey - Do you know much about the 791xv? I am having an issue with mine, that I never have had before. When I had the alarm in the Jetta, and turned the ignition on, the doors locked. Now, they don't lock, nor unlock with ign off. Any idea why?
1993 BMW 325is
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

Sigma. Do you have your install manual? You have to chang it in your programming menu. If you don't, here is the link to your manual.

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_6-03.pdf

boom, boom, boom boom....
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
thats a programmable feature... personally i always program that feature off....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sigma_x 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Humm, I thought it was on by default, it was last time.. How does it sense when the car is on/off tho?
1993 BMW 325is
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

>>>>How does it sense when the car is on/off tho?

By your ignition switch.

MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have your remote start harness connected? It needs to be to use that feature.
sigma_x 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ah okay that explains it ;) My remote start harness is sitting in the trunk, we didn't finish the install, of remote start, so we didn't hook up the half-done harness. I'll plug it in and see if it works.
And according to the manual, the defaul is for auto lock/unlock. Check page 44.
1993 BMW 325is
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic