icon

3000GT Alarm Installation Help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slade781 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I have a '94 3000GT SL and I'm planning on getting the Viper 791XV alarm system.  However, I have never installed an alarm system before so I was wondering if you guys could give me a breakdown on what I will need to do.  My friend, who is going to be helping me, is familiar with alarm installations in Hondas but has never worked on a 3000GT before.  Is there much difference?  Any help is much appreciated.

Also, my car has a stock security feature and I want to turn that off.  How do I do that?

Finally, although my plan is to get the Viper 791XV, I hear that they are a bit thick so I may go with the Viper 350HV instead.  If I went with the 350, would the instructions change in any way?  If so, what?  Thanks in advance.

jepherz 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
I just did an install in an eclipse, so it is probably somewhat similar to what you are doing. Get a good wiring diagram; I know the library here has a computer with a subscription to a publisher called Mitchels and the wiring diagrams are very good and helped me a lot. As far as my experience goes, if you can't read and understand wiring diagrams, you are in for a lot of work. All alarms pretty much work the same though, the hard part is taking apart your car and finding the wires. Good luck.
"Screw nitrous, I'd rather be blown."
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Where would I go to find good wiring diagrams?  And umm....what did you take apart to get to all the wire stuffs?  Hehe  Sorry, I'm just new with this alarm stuff....
datrick 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  

If you are in the car, then you cannot see wires that are under the dashboard.   So in order to acces those wires, you have to remove several panels.  Use your imagination and try to have the best acces at those wires. 

slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean use your imagination?  And how hard is it to remove the panels?  Oh, and uh....what panels?  3000GT Alarm Installation Help -- posted image.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
-well to start off, its held by 4 10mm bolt, 2 behind the switches and 2 under.
-you gonna need some t-taps on this (trust me!!) when you have to reach those wire far left of the steering column.
-those wires are very in a tight space and hard to see, so prepare ur patiences. the power lock wires are very high up the fire wall near the corner.
-parkin light, it was easy to find the negative pulse than the positive. if use neg, dont forget to switch the jumper to neg on Vipers.
-for clutch(if available), blue wire- open circuit clutch bypass system.
-tach-i use voltsense(no time for the intrument cluster).... tach at the injector will not work for some reason (on Vipers).
i gotta say, 3000gt and stealth have the crappiest under-dash access panel anyone couldve built. youll know when you get ur hands on it.
good luck!!!! post ur result.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hey profuse007, thanks for the heads up.  We're looking at Friday as the day to do the alarm....yikes!  :)  Do you have a 3000GT or Stealth?  Or have you just worked on them before?  I'll let you guys know how it goes.  And if anyone has any other advise and so forth, please do tell.  Thanks guys!
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, what are t-taps?  And how would we disable the factory stock security?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
t-taps
3000GT Alarm Installation Help -- posted image.
male disconnect
3000GT Alarm Installation Help -- posted image.
they have those in a small quantity at Wal-Mart
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|GREEN/ blue *3       |- |ETACS mod. under dash *5
-*5 The ETACS module is located left of the steering column close to the drivers kick. It is flat with its edges facing up, down, front, and back, with its two(2) plugs on the bottom edge.
--run a negative to the wire above, relay may required
-theres a blue/white(i think) for disarm on the 6 pin harness on the viper.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  

HOLY SH*T!!!  We just spent freakin' 7 and a half hours on my car and we're still not done yet.  Problems that arose....

1. As soon as we started, we could not get the bottom dash off.  So we just gave up on it because it was too complicated and the wires we needed were like just dangling there.

2. Now we had to find all the wires and find what they did.  That just took a lot of time....

3. At the moment, we cannot find what wires are for the lock/unlock on the car.  Does anyone know???  We found the door lock on but it didn't work and could not find the unlock one.  Help!!!

4. Also, the stupid door trigger says RED / Green right...well, we find the batch and there are 3 RED / Green wires.  What the heck man????

So yeah, profuse007, you were right....patience is definitely a must.  Okay guys, any help is MUCH NEEDED!!!!  Thanks....

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic