icon

PATS II Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 99 expedition and I am about to have an audiovox ap5996a installed (if anybody knows the difference between the 996a and the 996c please tell me I always assuemd it was just an older model), Im too scared to do the installation myself as I have never had good luck with installing even the most simple of alarms and so I dont want to do a complicated one with remote start (daily driver and cant afford to screw up and be out of a car for two weeks).  I can save money by purchasing the alarm through a website and providing the pats bypass kit, all in all lowering my installation costs by about $150, I know DEI used to make a bypass for the pats II system (the 555f I believe) but I cant seem to find it, if anybody knows where I can get a good reputable kit (preferably for like $20) or if DEI still makes one and how i can obtain it, thanks.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
555f is what you need, best buy or circ city should have it (or maybe a ma & pa store)
loudsh*t 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
yep 555f or a 555u both should be arried at Best Buy.
Best Buy Installer
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks a lot Ill check best buy tomorrow (there is no circuit city close by my house) house much would you guys guess the cost at on one of these, I called ford and for their bypass module (which from what I read on here is a better made unit) they said something like $37, I think I would jsut have to pay an extra $40 on top of installtion cost at my audio shop for them to supply it (which would also be one that they are more familiar with) so Im just checking to see if its worth my time and money to find it if bestbuy doesnt have it or is out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic