icon

Newbie, custom fiberglass encolsure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CarAudioHelp 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
The thing about chop mat is that it falls apart relatively easily when it's wet. I like that because it let's me get into tight areas and shop the fibers they way I want them to lay. Cloth stays together because it's woven and is good for flatter areas without sudden angles, nooks or crannies.
r0yal 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

:-( I cant get chop mat tho... haha 

so do you guys think the size of the cloth I mentioned would be enough for lets say, "KICKPANELS" ? lol

btw, thx for helpin me out

defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
a t-shirt would be enough withnomat...... but i recommend SOME mat
r0yal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
???Newbie, custom fiberglass encolsure  - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. I'm sooooo confused... haha. ok, so for the BASE of a fiberglass enclosure, you put the tape down, then resin the area, then put down some fiberglass cloth/mat and then resin over that... once that is dry, you pull it out.. then make your rings, etc.. then wrap a shirt around it... then I thought you were supposed to put like 5 more layers of cloth all over it... I was thinkin, holy crap... this is gonna cost a fortune for all that fiberglass cloth to cover the whole thing like 7 times... haha so, I really dont need to cover the TOP part with cloth/mat ? just the base?
r0yal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
...is chop mat, just fiberglass mat "chopped up" ?????   as in, I could buy some, cut it up and then I'd have "chop mat" ? haha
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic