Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03hemi 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

Ungo sr5000 (aka Valet 554r)

2003 Ram 2dr

Remote start activates (dash lights up/gauges ect) but does not crank over.  After testing found no voltage from purple wire in r/s relay pack during start sequence.  I also noticed the fuel pump does not energize during remote start....

Using all the resources from the this site, I believe I've wired everything correctly. 

Remote Start relay pack:

I verified voltage to both red wires (12v const) and to the pink, pink/white and orange wires during the start sequence.  I also have voltage on the other threee terminals on the purple relay, but no voltage from the purple wire.

red>pink/blk

red>RED / wht -16awg

pink>blue-16awg

pink/white>RED / white

orange>green + orange

purple> yellow- starter side

Kill Switch

yellow> blue 16awg

blk>yellow-switch side

violate>yellow starter side

Hood pin is not yet wired (not grounded either)

Brake switch wire was attached (then removed in troubleshooting process)

Performed the tach learn (completed) just to make sure.

I'm completely stumped, I've worked on everything from airplanes (USAF) to bicycles and never been as lost for ideas as I am now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Rick

03hemi 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

Reconnected brake switch.  Still not cranking.

Started with the key, activated r/s via the remote and the truck died when I turned off the key.

When activating the remote start dash lights come on, a/c blower operates and the a/c light comes on.  It goes throught his process three times then quits.

I can get a brief reading of 12vlts from the purple wire during the end of each process.  It's just a spike to 12 and straight back to zero.

Help? Bad relay? Any ideas?

-Rick

03hemi 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Black key, not sentry key and no factory alarm.
tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

Purple is the starter wire, it should only read 12V for a brief second to activate starter, if it was constant the starter would just keep cranking forever

I would check to ensure the starter engages.  Run the truck with key, activate R/S and wait a few seconds, say 30. Then remove key to see if it running. My DEi R/S will not run my truck even though the lights flash, so if I pull the keys out it dies, but if I wait 5 seconds after the lights flash then pull out key it is fine.  Chryslers keysense, the vehicle will run w/ out key if you initially started it with it.

Check your 12V inputs - hook them up together to the battery and retry.

TownAndcountry 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Was the truck purchased and or made in Canada ?
03hemi 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

TownAndcountry wrote:
Was the truck purchased and or made in Canada ?

US truck, made in St. Lou

Tampa77- Starter never turns, fuel pump never starts.  Activate R/S will running with key= three cycles of r/s sequence and then it dies when key removed. 

Thanks afor ALL the suggestions!

I'm still lost.

-Rick

tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

I am unsure of  your R/S unit, but all of the ones I installed had the starter wire tap into the cars starter wire. Is this an alarm too? R/S units would tie direclty in, not have a starter and key side, that is usually for an ignition disable feature. I am installing a Rattler 369D in a 2002 Caravan as we speak (Taking a smoke break now) and I have both red leads to R/S tied to one 12V source, purple to starter, pink to ignition.

From what you are describing I am thinking that the starter may be incorrectly hooked up. Try hooking it directly up to the starter wire and have the starter wire as it was before you started UNLESS the R/S manual says otherwise. 

03hemi 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Tampa- Thanks for the input. 

The Ungo sr5000 is an alarm+remote start made by DEI.  I'm using the Directed wire guide for the 03 Ram and the install guide from the unit.  Shows to wire as I have, with the starter wire cut, not tapped.  The purple start wire runs directly to the starter wire (yellow) on the "starter" side.

-Lost in Tejas

slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

according to my notes the 2003 ram has a chip in the key.....you need a key bypass module,

do this test... hot wire this truck yourself....just use alligator clips, connect all the ignition(S) and accessory(S) to 12Volts and then TAP the starter(S) to 12volts(once started remove the 12volts from starter only). Should start.......if it starts and dies insert the key in the ignition barrel and try to hot wire it again......should start 100%

if it starts...take the unit back to the loser that sold it to you.

let me know if this helps

Slicksam

03hemi 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
slicksam wrote:

according to my notes the 2003 ram has a chip in the key.....you need a key bypass module,

do this test... hot wire this truck yourself....just use alligator clips, connect all the ignition(S) and accessory(S) to 12Volts and then TAP the starter(S) to 12volts(once started remove the 12volts from starter only). Should start.......if it starts and dies insert the key in the ignition barrel and try to hot wire it again......should start 100%

if it starts...take the unit back to the loser that sold it to you.

let me know if this helps

Slicksam

Slick- Thanks for the reply!

The key is not chiped.  Will crank and start/run with a generic copy.  I'm giving up for now...will get back on it tomorrow. 

Thanks to all,

-Rick

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic