icon

My new system! pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Leif 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
So, after my old '98 Dodge Intrepid got rear ended and totaled over a month ago, I bought a '01 Chrysler Concorde instead.
I just finished the system (except for one piece that needs to be carpeted). Here's what I have so far:
My new system! pics -- posted image.
Four Rockford Fosgate RFD2212 (Punch HX2 12") woofers iso-loaded in a ported enclosure tuned to 22hz. Lightning Audio amplifier inside (powering the front tweeters, 2x40w RMS)
I never know quite how much polyfill to use, but it certainly improved the transient handling. Should I be worried about it catching on fire by the way?
Subwoofer enclosure with the cover on. All sound plays through the black cloth. The white unit is the crossover for the front speakers.
Sony Xplod XM-7547 4ch amp bridged into the two front woofers (2x160W RMS, measured), Rockford Fosgate 1500BD subwoofer amp (1500W RMS)
Amp-cover on. I just built it today - will carpet it next. In the far right is an Optima Yellow Top battery which helps powering the system.
Alpine CVA-1003 head unit
My brake simulator should arrive any day now.
Rear seat, arm-rest stowed (I pity the poor soul who sits here if i turn up the bass)
Arm-rest down - this is how it will be 99% of the time! All the bass plays directly into the cabin.
Right front kickpod (Polk tweeter, Alphasonik 6.5" 800-series woofer), as well as 120v AC auxiliary outlet
Left kickpod, custom e-brake, and soon-to-be-mounted-elsewhere hood release. Oh, and a brake clamp too, you can never be too sure.
Car-puter under the passenger seat this time. Pardon the dust, I haven't cleaned the car after the installation yet.
Would love to know what you guys think! :)
///Leif
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
pretty nice man, looks loud, but i would throw out the sony.... My new system! pics -- posted image.
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

Nice job.

One question, ever think about installing an electrical plug instead of using the extension?  

defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
My new system! pics -- posted image. I didnt notice that........ nice hack finding,Fuseblower
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Actually that looked like a first generation sony explode ES amp, and if it is, they actually worked pretty well, especially since he is just using to power the alphasonics.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

i guess your right, mobile ES deserves a little respect, only good thing sony made

Leif 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, there was a big ruckus the other day in a thread where I tested this sony and compared it to two alpines.
There was controversy about my test methodology, so I conformed to the standard to put the issue to rest, and the test results were:
Alpine MRV-F407: 2x144w bridged stereo
Sony Xplod XM-7547: 2x160w bridged stereo
Alpine MRV-1507: 2x164w stereo
I was gonna use the F407, but the low-pass filter for ch3/4 lacked the x1/x20 switch! So, I couldn't get the low pass filter for the front right woofer over 400hz... No good, so I squeezed the old trusty Sony in there instead :).
It really does work well.
An electrical outlet might be a good idea, yeah :). Not sure I wanna cut up the pods though, any suggestion where to put it? :)
Leif 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Haemphyst, did you see this yet? *bump* :)
///Leif
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Looks great. The only thing I can think of is putting a power outlet in like fuseblower said, and it could do with a cleaning [:)]

MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

>>so remember kiddies, just say no to drugs and audiobahn and you'll be set My new system! pics -- posted image. <<

FUNNY!

boom, boom, boom boom....
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic