Review my to be setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DaRealace 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine Guy,
I have a 1997 Pathfinder LE edition, tell me if you need any more information. Anyways your suggesting setting up component speakers up front and setting up the 6.5" coaxial in the back, is this correct? Do you think I should cover the back panel with some dynamat to kill the rattle? Were you able to replace the stock tweeters in your pathfinder? I look and couldn't see a way to get the cover off. Please share what you did with your pathfinder maybe we can compare notes... etc.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

You have to remove the whole panel that the tweeter grill is attached too, , it goes from dash to ceiling, , its just held there by clips.

You definately should get components up front, you will be WAYYY happyer, , im shure everyone here will agree.

Im guessing you have the blows (bose) system?  if so, , then you definately need to run all new wires.

Try the subs out first, ,then if stuff starts to rattle, take off the panel to see whats rattleing, see if you can dampen it somehow, ,or just cover it with deadening, , dynamat is not needed, , its too expensive, , brown bread is a cheeper/equivalent substitute..

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
ice4life8269 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
the pioneer puts out 50x4, and you can get that much power by running a larger power wire to it, i think briging the amp is a good idea for the front, and the only thin i would change is the subs. try the 1241 instead, i think they sound better, but its entirly up to you. and deffinatly don't use dynacrap. over priced and over rated. use brown bread or fatmat. you just need to experiment with what you like, and set it up how you want it.
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

[/QUOTE]

You really need to go listen to anything you are going to buy in person. I mean I have heard good things about Kia but I will never own one.[/QUOTE]

AMEN, but seriously i really like alpine stuff, but there is ALL kinds of stuff out there that may sound better to you.

matt

everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
Review my to be setup - Page 2 -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

"ice4life8269"  There is no sound dirrerence between the 1221 or the 1241, , the only difference is resistance on the voice coil so you will have wireing options to squeeze the most out of your amps.   There the exact same subs, just 1 has 2 ,2 ohm voice coils, and 1 has 2, 4 ohm voice coils.

Read up in the "basics" section to your left of the screen on ohms law, and resistance, and such, it will help you understand more clearly.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
ice4life8269 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  

my bad. with lower resistance in the coil doesn't the amp get hotter? and isn't a cool amp a happy amp? The heat affects the sound quality, and thats why i said that. if i am wrong, thanks for letting me know, but you should use a little tact before you jump down someones throat. If you read what i wrote, you can see that i said that's what i'd do, and it is up to him.

alpine guy, sorry if i was wrong....Review my to be setup - Page 2 -- posted image.

Alpine Guy 
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry if i sounded like i was jumpin down your throught, , i tryed to word that as nicely as possible, , i meant to help inform you, , not shoot you down.   Your true that lower resistance will draw more from an amp, , but you see, ,every amp is different, , some are stable at 1 ohm, 2 ohm, or 4 ohm, , , , , , companys make dual voice coil subs so you can easily change up the wireing on your subs to suit the specific needs of your amp.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic