icon

1998 mustang, clifford 3.5, factory arm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gtown installer 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
if you use the grey wire for the hood pin it won't work act as a zone monitor, it is only for remote start. it deactivates the remote start feature, if you would like to use it for a actual hood pin, run a wire from the hood pin to the blue wire on the main harness of the alarm.  when the hood pin is raised from from opening the hood, it will send a ground to the blue wire input on the main harness which will trigger a zone and set off the alarm. good luck
gangstaville installer
parvo99 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure?  The manual says "It will also trigger the security system if the hood is opened while the system is armed and report Zone 1."
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

im using the grey wire and it works just fine.  if the hood opens about 4inches the siren goes off and the remote shows the hood icon.  ill take a video of it tomorrow if you really want to see it work.  if the alarm isnt armed the remote start wont work with the hood up.

i believe it may have something to do with the hood/trunk option on the remote programming.  but it works for me.

MECP certified installer
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
oh and btw, you might not be able to program some features depending on what remote start wires you dont hook up.  think about it, you need the reds for constant for th alarm anyway, purple and green for the starter kill, and pink for ign triggering.... so why not hook up the brake interrupt wire and the accy wire and call it done?
MECP certified installer
1v6pony 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

What A minute are you saying that is I do not hook up the satalite Power leads and the purple and green for starter kill the alarm will not work..... I was told that I could set it up so that I do not use the remote start....Isnt the other model the same without the remote start???

The main alarm harness has it own power lead... So why do I have to use the power leads for the satalite remote??

My Car has the PATs system I am not worried about someone driveing off woth it just monkeying around the interior...It is a vert...

I plan on installing tomorrow...Please help

1v6pony 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Also the alarm has a dome light supervision lead... Does this have to be relayed for 1998 v6 mustang with dome light suppervision???  OR will it go directly to the door triger wire to work right??
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

if you didnt want remote start you should have bought the 2.5 thats what its designed for... alarm only.

if you are doing dome lights, i urge you to use a relay even if you use (-) door triggers.  the current with out a relay could damage the brain.

MECP certified installer
1v6pony 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

Well I Got the 3.5 because it hadd more extra chanels for expansion latter.....

But my ? is do I have to hook up the satalite box to get power to the alarm??? I thought the brain  has its own power lead? would,nt  that power the alarm?

sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

ok sure the brain has a POWER lead... but how will it get ignition, even for using the optional ignition controlled door locks if nothing else, sensing that some theif thurned the ignition on and what about the starter kill?  even with PATS i still want the starter kill to work.  that comes from the purple and green wires from the relay pack.

and besides.... they both have 5channels... i think even the non 2-ways like the 160xv remote start) and the 350hv (alarm) have 5.

if a sales person sold you on the channels for th 3.5... you got played for some extra $$$

MECP certified installer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic