icon

92 honda prelude, stereo suggestions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
viperhockey77 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone i am running a 92 honda prelude and have 3000$ to put a system in to it does anyone have any sugestions it would be great. thanks
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

Head: Pioneer or Clarion

Amps: Fornt Phenix Gold

Amps sub: Kicker DX700 or JBL 600.1

Front: Mb Quart or Focal

Sub: JL or Alpine, Kicker 12's

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

Too broad a question, some smart a$$ might try and sell you Sony gear (it's really the best you know 92 honda prelude, stereo suggestions?  -- posted image.). Are you interested in good sound or just want to be loud? Do you want a light show for a cd player or one that sounds good? What kind of music will you be litening to? How much trunk space do you want to give up? Are you buying from an authorized dealer? Who is going to install it? Lots of people will give you opinions based on what they run or sounds good in their friends vehicle or whatever is the hot thing in the industry at this moment. If you are going to spend this kind of $ on a system, let's get the questions answered first.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Headunit: Eclipse, nackamicki, blaupunkt
Subs: MMATS,Digital Designs, alpine type x,MTX 9500
Sub amp: mx autotek,MMATS,crossfire,JBL
Speakers: MB quart,boston,memphis
speaker amp: JL audio
You also might want to upgrade your alternator and battery.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

For brands known for sound quality, start researching

Head:   Eclipse or Nakamichi

Amps:   Diamond, Zapco, Alpine, Eclipse, Xtant, Memphis, Arc, Linear Power, Audison, Nakamichi
Speakers:   Focal, Image Dynamics, MB Quart, Boston, Memphis, Eclipse, Rainbow, CDT, Adire

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  

As you can see, as Rob has mentioned, it is a broad question, try to narrow it down a little.As in, do you have anything you are leaning towards? What are you looking for, Sound Quality, or are you just trying to be loud??

On her ther are probably a couple thousand people and we all have different opinions on what we like, but if there are certain lines or interests involved in a thread, then you may get a more accurate answer to what you are looking for.

Try going to you local stereo shops and listening and looking at products that may interest you, and let us know what you come up with. 

viperhockey77 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
well i want good sound, will be listening to rap music and i can give up all my trunk space
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Umm, sorry, but I would sell the car you have now, combine the money you get with what you have, and get somthing newer. Not to say that you have a bad car or anything, I've just had bad luck with cars older then 10 yrs.
Paul
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 91' buick and its doing fine, and even with the odometer working 2% of the time while driving anywhere (if it works at all) it says its put on 250k, but in reality we put well over 500k into it, and its running fine.
viper if your going to be putting that much $$$ into the system you may also think of putting a security system into it as well, specially if your getting others to install for you, i'd also suggest going to a different installer for a the security system, that way they dont know exactly whats already been put into your ride.
as far as suggestions go
I got myself a Soundstream Tarantula, and im very impressed with how its performing so far, i cant compare it to other amps on the same setup, but i was extremely pleased with what it did for my rears (have yet to hook fronts or a sub to it).
Im also purchasing a 10" eclipse which should be here in the next few weeks, and i've heard many good things about the SQ from eclipse.
best thing you can do is, read, figure out what kind of options you want with what portion of the system, and look into who manufactures something along those lines, if you find something that interests you, find information or opinions on it, and then see if you can find a dealer or an online seller that you would be comfortable getting it from online.
HTH, GL and most importantly, have fun. and definitely DIY imho, you appreciate it that much more.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

i'm confused... you say you want great sound quality because you'll be listening to rap music....

isn't that a contradiction in terms??

i have never used Rap and SQ in the same sentence

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic