icon

Clifford rsx3.5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilboi 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2004 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
I almost never leave my car in gear. My neutral safty switch it tapped to my e-brake. I'm just afraid of those instances that people sit in my car and play with my shifter. And that's pretty f**ked up for you to say it like that.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2004 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
Its not f**ked up. I'm being realistic. It only takes one screw up to make a lot of damage or to cause an accident.
lilboi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2004 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Hmmm.... you're basically saying, i hope to see those pictures of your car being smashed up. People without alarms get there car broken into, you don't see people asking for picture of their stripped cars. Man you gotta be more humble. Get what ever is up your ass, out of there. And smell the flower. This world isn't as f*ed up as you think it is.

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2004 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
lilboi wrote:
I almost never leave my car in gear.
I don't take sides on the forum. But I would ask you to seriously consider what you just wrote.
That is like being half pregnant . . . Either you are, or you arent !!
It only takes that one time for you, or another person to auto start the vehicle, and it becomes a lethal projectile, weighing in at more than 2500 lbs.
Everyone has a right to protect their propery, but take consideration for others around you, while parked.
Thats all I have to say on that . . .
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
lilboi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

that's a way to say it better then take pictures of the accident for me.

But anyways, i've tried to autostart while i was in gear. It inches forward about 1 inch for every 2 seconds.

Daveyw8vey 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
MBZ oe wrote:

PM me and I will give you the# to call and get a 479x remote brand new with warranty for 84.99 shipped.

THE 479V is NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE RS3.5. It is only for the viper 790/791xv. You need the 479x above like I just bought for spare.

Many websites advertise  the 479 v compatible for clifford matrix 2.5 rsx and 3.5 rsx including the ebay description, so if the websites were falsely advertising I could care less but I'd argue the ebay seller about it and get my money back.  Im pretty sure though that the 479 series is all compatible whether its v or x, most dealers respond saying look at the fcc code on the back of the remote and if it is the same, than it should be compatible.  I just bought it through what I read online, and hopefully it is for my sake = / I mean for the same remote for 135 $ retail and the x being about 99.00 it better be friggin compatible

Need money to hook up car, donate now =)
Daveyw8vey 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.drdetailshop.com/479V.htm

http://www.autopreservers.com/remote_transmitters/479pvx.html

http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct_CGtransmitters.htm

You are however the 2nd person who told me this though, so I am a little worried, but Im halfly confident it does work kuz of what they state in their sites

MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2004 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

I talked to a DEI rep yesterday and he said that it will work but it's not supposed to because each DEI company is supposed to have their own FCC ID's. He also said that they if someone reported this that they would be forced to comply with FCC regs.

If anyone wants one for $84.99shipped direct from DEI with warranty covered, PM me and I will give you the info.

FYI, he also said that the vipers remotes have been failing around 6 months and that they sell many 479x's to replace them. You can do a search to see how many times we all have talked about the 479v's failures/problems.

boom, boom, boom boom....
Daveyw8vey 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
My 479x was the one that failed on me which is why I decided to try the viper one, I'll let u know if it acts up.  Hopefully it doesn't for my sake.  But yah it does look like they share the same fcc id's for some reason, maybe they did that so people would have the option buy any of the 3 remotes pvx, all look the same and are 15 channel so it shouldnt cost more than the other even tho the v does kuz its the newer one thats out.
lilboi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2004 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
I thought the X would have more demand cause of the carbon fiber look. I like how it looks.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic