icon

01 dodge stratus, viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blingo 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have a viper 791xv alarm installed, and I was wondering how I would hook up an ac inverter to turn on when I pressed the right combination of buttons on my responder remote. if possible, i would like to do that, but I would need it to turn off when I arm my car, or shut it down.
lilboi 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
have the aux wire tapped to a relay that will send a constant 12v to the inverter.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
channel 4 and 5 have a function called, latched. it needs to be program for latch.
then wire it like so:
85:latch wire
86:12volt (+) constant
30:12volt (+) constant
87:12volt (+) from the inverter
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
blingo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
okay, will I be able to program it for latch myself? or do i need the place that installed it to do it? 
blingo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
okay, i got the wire that i need for channel 4, now i dont really want to complicate things, but im not sure what the latch thing is for but, will i be able to use the remote to start the inverter, and have the car shut the inverter off when i arm the car or shut the car down?  and so im not limited to using the remote, would i be able to also have it start when i turn the key? uisng an acc wire probably?  or will what you said do all that? Thanks for the help
profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
you can program it urself, find ur valet button.
-open a door
-turn ign on and off
-hold down valet button until you hear 2 chirps, then let go
-press 10 times(channel 4) then hold and hear corresponding chirps then press unlock ONLY once. youll hear the siren chirp 2time for latched.
goodl uck!!!
latch- hit once ON, hit again OFF
Houston,TX
blingo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
hmm, latched, reset with ignition should do most of that, thanks again
profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
thatll work too, just whatever fits ur need.
Houston,TX
blingo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
yep, thanks. would you have any idea how to do this then.....lets say i dont press the buttons on my remote to start the inverter, i would still want the inverter to turn on when i turned the key, and shut off when i turned the key off.   might sound like something thats not needed, but the inverter is powering an xbox that i use as a media center, the remote control of it is basically for if im in the house, i can power it up and transfer what i need to, to the xbox through the wireless network. and the acc wire setup is for when i go in the car, i always want it to be started up, because its my media center with all my music on it.  if there is an easy way to do this, i will do it, but if not Ill just learn to use the remote all the time instead :P    by the way i do have a master switch on my dash for the inverter, that I would like to keep there, that shouldnt be a problem, but just letting you know incase.  thanks much
blingo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

i got it setup as aux chan 4 on my viper alarm, and works great, thanks again profuse007

i was wondering if i could put another relay in....it would have a wire from the auxchan4 and acc wire coming into it, and 1 wire coming out of it going to where the auxchan4 wire is now on my relay for the inverter, would that work to allow me to use the remote, and just turn the key to start it, and turn off the ignition to turn it off? and not allow any feedback?   so basically, can you have 2 wires going into a relay, and have the relay only close 1 switch , the first one to have power to it, and ignore the other wire?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic