icon

8 Subwoofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
The L7 eights have huge output but are gonna be outta your price range, evn though one would be suffiecent. BTW I ran 4 12's in my swift so there is definatly enough space to do big sysems. I ahve also done 3 10's and kept it all behind the back seat.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
zane9000 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

I realize that there would be room for larger subs if that was the only thing going back there, but im also placing a computer, dc-dc power supply, and a power inverter in the trunk so cooling is going to become an issue if i start stacking too much stuff on there. also i would like to keep my back seet fairly empty as i do use it fairly often. what kind of price were you talking about for the L7's? and how would those compare to the kickers as far as output?

The ideas have helped alot so thanks guys!

I had Cheetos and wine for dinenr.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

I have a better idea.  We can give you pages of opinions on what sub is good..or better than the others.  Go out and listen.

Being a hatchback, you will get some decent sound from 8's- i had 79 civic hatch :D

If you have the ability and knowledge, build yourself a folded horn box. Its really complicated, but the outcome is awesome sound.  The box for two 8's is like 9.5in x 14in x 33in  Im making one without the specs of the sub-required to make one.  BUT and a strongly suggest, that you build a box, not buy a prefabbed box.  We can help you on how to do it.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
zane9000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
never even heared of a holded horn box, what is it? i dont think i will be making it but im still curious. right now im actually right now im making a tube enclosure instead of a box as i posted in another thread. i was finally able to find a tube that was large enough to house the 8's. im using about 1/4 spiral carboard used for pouring cement coloums, however because i know that would be way too weak im also going to get a 10" tube and put it around the 8. then im going to fill the gap with either sand, cement or potting tightly packed. any thoughts on this?
zane9000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  

ok aparently i was really tired when i made my last few posts. when i asked about the L7's comparing to kickers... i meant compared to the resonant engennering 8's.

and in the above post thats suposed to be FOLDED horn box.. not holded horn box...

neeeed sleep... why am i still up at 2am anyway? o well :)

promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
i am a re dealer.. if you like you can give us a  call at 559-449-0123 also you can go to a website that has some of our install'ws with some re 8's www.fresnoracing.com      its in the lounge .. thread is called some re 8 fun........ also our system of the month threads will show off some talent.....
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic