icon

Banning Car Alarms?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evnldr 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
The only time my alarm has EVER triped is when some kid thought the glass on my quarter window looked beter on the street. Harleys Loud radio nothing.. if a radio at any volume can trip your alarm I feel it needs to be turned down... If my alarm ever triped I know 99.9 percent Ima gonna need my flashlight cell phone and other things...   
If it gose off all the time... the one time you say Naaa it's a loud radio it's gonna be a loud radio and somebody getting in your car. my friend said it's a loud radio.. The thief probly scoped it out and knew that his radio would stop him from checking it now he is s.o.l.
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
I hope this doesnt happen. I happen to work in NYC and install alarms.
javazqu 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
New York City's Mayor Bloomberg vetoed the bill banning car alarms this past Tuesday, arguing that a "broad ban could lead to an increase in stolen cars and theft of property from cars".  Banning Car Alarms? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
The mayor did vetoe the bill, but what is scary is that two people have put up the bill for a vote and there are many people who are for it. I mean we have so much real crime to solve and there are people who have such things in their minds. I say idle brains are indeed a devil's workshop. Car theft for one would go on the rise, besides vandalism and alarm installers losing their daily bread. What they should do to complement this law (if any crazy person should pass it) is hire a lot more police force that really nabs criminals. I hope the law never passes as I do not see any harm being done by an alarm going off. If anyone feels that they are annoyed with an alarm, why not ask those individuals to go to a secluded area and live peacefully there instead of living in the middle of a busy city and complain that it is too busy?
blingo 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
i say we steal everyones car who backs up that law in anyway :P
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic