the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

small footprint Amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

Concept also makes some stellar small footprint amplifiers in their HC series. I do not know if they are on the site yet but have a look at them anyways.  www.conceptconcept.com

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
hammondc 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  

here's the dealy. Becuase of space, I am going with 2 Adire Koda 8's instead of a 10.  I have room for a box about 10X11X11. Which is a little small, but not by much.

I have 2 places for amps.

Under the seat I have about 8" by  4"

in the jack storage, I have 11X17.

Both areas have about 3" top to bottom clearance.

I need to place a sub amp and would like to place a 4 channel amp for the other speakers ( JL VR 6" separates in front, dont know what for the rear). I suppose I can run the speakers off the Alpine CDA-9833 I am about to buy, but theat would be underpowering for the front. A nice 4 channel + 1 sub channel amp would be sweet.

hammondc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Top. What about the Phoenix Gold R9.0:5
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Well, phoenix gold's stuff can be either good or ehh, not so good. I was a big fan of their Tantrum and Titanium amps, but I see they are discontinued now. I haven't heard the Octanes or Xenons yet , but the power ratings on that look pretty sweet. Just try to listen to it first if you can, and make sure there's a warrenty (not'n against PG, just that you never know..)
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
oh dude - I just realized that the #'s I was lookin at were rated in Max power. Still though.. 60x4 + 200x1 isn't bad for RMS if the price is right.
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
I am thinkin probably the Alpine F540. I have heard some sketch things about the PG amps. The new stuff anyway.
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
I am thinkin probably the Alpine F540. I have heard some sketch things about the PG amps. The new stuff anyway. Do
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
I am thinkin probably the Alpine F540. I have heard some sketch things about the PG amps. The new stuff anyway. Do they
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
I am thinkin probably the Alpine F540. I have heard some sketch things about the PG amps. The new stuff anyway. Do they have
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
I am thinkin probably the Alpine F540. I have heard some sketch things about the PG amps. The new stuff anyway. Do they have an older model. I know the old stuff was stout. I
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic