icon

Truck Sub System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustinova 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
He said that's what he had in his car.  He was trying to sell me the amp.
shoelesscraig 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
I had a little Rockford Fosgate 10" sub in a small pickup a few years back.  Had a little RF amp on it too.  Sounded great.  I think it was their "Z" series (100 watts RMS, 200 watts peak).  It did exactly what you said you want, bass you can feel, but not that hear you down the block kind of bass.  My truck had 4" speakers in the front and 4 X 10" in the back, and it definitely helped out.  Got them at Best Buy, sub was around $90, box was small (fit behind the seat of a Chevy S-10, so I know it'll fit in yours) and the box cost like $70 bucks, the amp was just over a $100 I think.  If you want a great "moderate" system for not much money, it's the way to go.  Course, there are other brands too, I just like Rockford personally.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Here is just a suggested setup. I agree with what everyone else has said about going to a local dealer and not best buy also. Rockford Fosgate P1, Alpine MRP-T220 2 channel amp, and 10" truck box.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have to throw in my 2 cents about those RF P1's. I think they were spawned by saintin himself for the primary purpose of making my life on this earth a living hell and destroy what little confidence I had left in RF's quality control. I cant even count how many of these new subs both p1 and p2's that I have had come back due to failure in craftmenship. Cones that crack, surrounds that crack, surrounds that just let go of the cone. Its totally rediculous. Just one big damn service issure. If some one comes in looking at the new Rockford subs I will sell them a pioneer for the same price, and they sound better and dont fall apart, or if they wanna spend a little more money I will get them into an MTX driver which I have no problem throwing my entire weight behind (and Im a heavy guy). I just cannot recomend any of these RF drivers to anyone. I only have experience with the p1 and p2 but based on their preformance I wont trust any of their speakers this year. The amps have been great though. My biggest seller and havent had  a problem with a single one yet.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic