Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
just wanted some feed back on my work
fg box pics
CarAudioHelp 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'd say it's looking pretty good. Next comes the wild world of sanding and filling. Pretty soon the specialty shops will be trying to woo you away from Best Buy.
One thing I'd mention is to use more staples or use a "plug" in concave areas. This will make your cloth lay flatter and will help minimize finishing work.
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
WOW, thats gona be a bitch to sand. CAH is right about using the plugs, it saves time and head ache when it comes time to sand. Anyway, forgot to complement you, that is still a sweet looking box. What are u putting into it as far as amps and subs go?
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
3 rockford 10" he's and rockford 501s.
93accordSE 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
Looking good, could you guys explain these "plugs" as you call them, and what they do? I'm still learning even though I've used FG many times.
IMDiesel 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  

Looks great so far. Do not forget to test fit it int the vehicle before you get to far. you dont want to have a finished box you cant fit in a trunk.. unless its an suv then no worries.  By the way is it your personal set up or for a best buy customer?

EZ4U2NV
-"There was nothing wrong with it, 'till that no talent ass clown started making records and winning Grammys
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Plugs are just that, a plug. You basically cut a second piece of MDF exactly the same size as the ones on the box. For instance, ur making a subwoofer ring, make a solid piece the same size as the outside of the ring. Once the ring is mounted lay the fleece over this, then using predrilled holes screw down the top piece(or pieces if u have multiple holes or racks but make sure to strech the fleece between each of them). Then screech the crap out of the fleece. What this will do is give you a flatter surface around the rings/racks that makes sanding and finishing alot easier than trying to gut and fill those staple crimples.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
rknj01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
IMDiesel wrote:

Looks great so far. Do not forget to test fit it int the vehicle before you get to far. you dont want to have a finished box you cant fit in a trunk.. unless its an suv then no worries.  By the way is it your personal set up or for a best buy customer?

its for my personal vehicle, i just use bb's garage cuz i live in a town house. i have test fitted it already. thanks
rknj01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
if i made a setup like this for a customer, how much do you think i could charge? (not including subs, amps, etc...)
r0yal 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
w0w..VERY nice work! I like!! :)
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic