icon

my first fg enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
93accordSE 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
maybe $25 an hour, your not certified are you?
bndallas 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
I would charge $300 easy, because probably about half of that would go to materials alone then you still need a little for your work. It would depend on what you were  doing.
ctravis 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hu???  Thats a large enclose. I would charge $300 for a standard MDF tripple 12 enclosure.  Thats a fiberglass enclosure.  1 day for building it.  2 days for sanding.  Maybe  $1000 -$1500.  Its not so much the materials that cost, its the time that gets expensive.

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
ctravis is right.  if time's not an issue you could charge less.  from my POV that would mean more possible customers would be attracted to you (assuming you do a decent job).  i know that if there were two guys that did the same quality of work but one for lesser price i would go for him.  but then again... all that sanding's a b*%$@!!!
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and a nice box  really nice lookin'.  Are you goin to seperate each chamber? 
rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
i was thinking about it but im not going to... the subs are being wired in mono and the airspace is pretty close to what i need. i think it will be ok
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
I do this stuff on the side so I dont know what industry costs are, but I would probably charge around $200 for that if its increw (my car group is the only peeps that get a discount unless I'm tryin to get something off whoever I'm doing it for) otherwise if its just some joe smoe off the street he's gona put out like 4 or 5 hundo for it. Cuz a box like that would probably cost about $80 in materals and take about 15-20 man hours of labor (most of that sanding, primering and sanding, and bondoing, and sanding, and yeah u know. So the principal cost of FG is labor cuz its very tedious work.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
CarAudioHelp 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
"if i made a setup like this for a customer, how much do you think i could charge? (not including subs, amps, etc...)"
Charge no less than you're willing to take and no more than they're willing to spend.
A lot of cost comes in the finish (vinyl, paint, etc.). Paint costs the most because it's expensive and difficult to work with. Vinyl is next for basically the same reasons. In the enclosure's current state you won't get much for it. After you've got it finished you can start getting estimates of the retail value. Otherwise there's no way to accurately say.
tbone1122 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

That looks great. Are you sure you are new to doing fg.

Needs more BASS alot more BASS
rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
yeah im new, ive made boxes from mdf before and i glassed a trim ring into my kit, but thats it
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic