Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

Claytoncivic wrote:
Im using the switch because my cousin said that if the cops ever pulled me over for disturbing the peace i could turn it off and say it wasnt me.

Um, no, that never works unless you are dealing with a dumb (or very busy) officer.  If you are busted violating a noise ordinance, you are busted.

Claytoncivic wrote:
i think i am using the remote feature, but i dont know because my cousin did most of the wiring. Im not using a wiring kit, im using some wires that i picked up from radio shack, but therye the right ones.

Sounds like your cousin needs to fix what he did... in any case, "some wiring from Radio Shack" may or may not be the proper kit for your car, and you are crazy to not use the proper kit.  Assuming, that is, that you want it to be done correctly.  If the RS kit is specifically designed for your 92 Civic, then fine use it.  If not, get the Metra 70-1720 and do the job right.

But you'll first have to track down whatever wiring was destroyed by your little fire and replace it, and find any fuses that might be blown and replace those too.  Then start over.

I would have to say, the switch is not a bad idea. You may be able to switch it on / off when ever you please.  There is a back draft on them. Just dont ever EVER forget to switch off when your  done, or else  there goes your battery.
IT does take a while to adjust the subwoofer control.  I just might tap into the remote wire , and add a switch .

Good LoOking Bro!

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
A switch on a remote lead is a standard process.  NEVER try to switch main power to an amp unless you realy know what you're doing and have the proper parts and test equipment.
Support the12volt.com
Claytoncivic 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have everything working now! I moved the switch to the remote, replaced all the fried wires, and found a poped fuse ("Back up" fuse) in the engine compartment. Now i got bump in the trunk. Thanks alot for helping me out, and ill try to keep it down for all those people that hate bass at 3 in the mornin.
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for keeping it down!  The cops must've busted a couple of people because I'm not hearing the bass anymore, even in the day time.....good ridance.

Now all you need to do is take the MECP test and get yourself some tools, and you'll be on your way to installing in no time!

You can even call CEA and ask them to amend the study guide with your new power formula:  no fuse + 0 ohms between +/-  = 0 volts, max current and FIRE!!!

I think these kids are replacing thier obnoxious bass with burn-outs and fish tailing. Lots more of that going on this week. No complaints from me, I hope one of 'em hits a tree!

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Tell me about it, , my new shop is beside a high school, , all i hear all day is dire squeeling and sh*tty clarion systems rattleing.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic