icon

Best Buy to Carry Alpine feb 05

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gtown installer 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
i hate best buy, I worked there as an installer for a year, that place is a joke, it shouldn't even have an install bay, I work at fry's electronics now and our shop does nothing but mobile video and custom work and a few decks and alarms here and there.  But anyway, our store in Renton, Washington has alpine and phoenix gold in our computer system, but I dont know when we are getting it.
gangstaville installer
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
yes! fry's ... i got a box built there a while ago... its stolen... sad...  Hey they got any job openings down there for mobile audio and video sales?
everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
Best Buy to Carry Alpine feb 05 - Page 3 -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

Here is my .02. Some of us have been around the block many times and can now use our crystal balls much better. It comes down to this.....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If Circuit City was doing the numbers that they were expecting to do and Alpine were happy with those numbers, the line would still be there. If Best Buys (probably with more locations thus more exposure and sales) is picking up the line, who is going to do more business with Alpine. If Wal-Mart wants to come along and lay the smack down to Best Buys, don't think that for one second they would not get the line. For Alpine it is business and big business at that. Marketing 101. The more you sell the more $ you make.

If you were Alpine and Wally World called you up with a realistic purchase order of $3,000,000.00 on the opening order and a promise to do another order in 90 days and a further target of $10,000,000.00 in a years business, would you turn away that kind of business........Wal-Mart can get any line they want. It's all about the $, not the brand.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
gtown installer 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
we have two positions open but there was two interviews today for them, just come in and try your luck, maybe you have more experience then the others
gangstaville installer
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Does this mean I can apply.Best Buy to Carry Alpine feb 05 - Page 3 -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
stavy customs1 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
Your kidding about fry's right? We have the 1st frys in the midwest about 1 mile away from us in downers grove, il that place is a chop shop and a half. I mean i dunno what goes on there but we have had customers come to us fixing what they did. Duct tape for a sky-fi unit. Jeez i hope walmart never has an install bay. 
Best Buy Installer
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  

stavy customs1 wrote:
Jeez i hope walmart never has an install bay. 

hahaha - god help us all...     anyone ever had an oil change there? I mean, how bad can you mess up an oil change???

On the positive side of all this is that Best Buy is very, very good at standing behind their warrenty.  They offer an excellent extended warranty, I think it's like for 4 years after the mfg. warr. is up (correct me if I'm wrong).  I know that it is a pretty common practice to (plug your ears and cover your eyes, stavy) blow your woofers on purpose when the new models come out when you have the warranty. Just set 'em on the cust. service counter and  go  grab some  new  ones,  sign  your  name, smile  and  say  thank  you,  and  voila!  -  new model. Best Buy to Carry Alpine feb 05 - Page 3 -- posted image. Not that I'm advocating to rip off the company, it's just that they're that good about taking returns if you do get a truly defective unit. Best Buy to Carry Alpine feb 05 - Page 3 -- posted image.

You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
stavy customs1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
Dont worry employees do that all the time. Some stuff we will actually send to our service center so be careful what you break because you may get it back.
Best Buy Installer
stavy customs1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
Dont worry employees do that all the time. Some stuff we will actually send to our service center so be careful what you break because you may get it back. But alot people do that sent it on the counter to the hot ass girl who works at customer service, says it blown or fried and walks back grabs the new model and walks out with upgraded product. I know some of these people messed it up on purpose or on install by accident but  i cant prove that so yea......
Best Buy Installer
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

Alpine selling to Best Buy is a mistake for Alpine.That store chain is a whorehouse to quality product.Yes I said "whorehouse".They tried to sell HiFonics about 8yrs ago.Thank God for us it was only the low end product.They tried to bastardize the product but they gave it up.If it doesn't sell to their expectations they will strong arm Alpine and blow it out.20 years ago RCA didn't want to sell to them.Best Buy went out,bought product from dealers and put it on their floor and sold it at a loss and told RCA look we can sell anything we want to.That can from a Best Buy employee many years ago!!!!!

BigDog
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic