icon

West Coast Customs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

Were do these kids come from?  Are they all from the LA area?  LA does have a high crime rate so if you do get your car "pimped" then the people that watch the show know exactly what you have and how to get it.  I have some security tweaks I've done to my system which will surely fustrate the novice or intermidiate car rober but if someone what's your system they will get it at all cost.

Isn't there a TV show were they upgrade for preformance on spike TV?  Imagine being on both shows. Now that would be awsome if it were free.  Imagine having  a corvette (that's even better).

With the amout of MSRP they put into them we can all build great cars.

Poly Dollies
stavy customs1 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

I think your thinking of the other show "overhauled" on tlc not spike tv. I like it better than pimp my ride because the stuff that they do is more realistic dont get me wrong but i think i would rather have a new engine for a 89 maxima station wagon rather than have a honda civic body kit and a slide out dj tray in the back. On overhauled they actually replace engines and all that good stuff, i almost passed out when i saw them putting sony xplods in the back of one of the cars they did. i guess its better than audiobahn.

Best Buy Installer
hurtado_roberto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

I was thinking of overhauled.  Wasn't there an episode on pimp my ride where the car was so mest up that they desided to give the kid a new Scion square mini-van.

Are Xplods really that bad.  Maybe that 's why my friends think my sound system isn't as good as the ones I've installed for my friends.  I've had these Xplods for the past 2 years and I've blown two pairs do to using a ported box without tunning it. I think I'll upgrade to P3 to hear the difference.

Poly Dollies
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
True, I don't think you would ever see Dave Rivera or Chip Foose on MTV working on a vehicle.
Some of you are knocking particular brands. One of the key reasons an mobile audio company loses (some) credibility is going mainstream too quickly (Audiobahn is a good example, but RF is doing it now, too. And there are others....). Some manufacturers push so much product out at one time, that the defect rate goes up(more product in circulation, the more product can fail -- or succeed), but the ratio of satisfactory customer to unsatisfied customers actually increases. More product produced opens an opportunity for more sales -- especially to new customers. This is great for investors and a company's GPM.
Just something I thought to mention.
"When I get old enough, I'm gonna trade my bicycle for a really cool 'vette'."
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
'Vette's are probably the best car out there w/ the best "bang for the buck".  Anyways, yeah they call the Sony "Xplodes" xplodes for a reason (get it yet?).  Their componenets are not bad for an upgrade from factory but thier subs are pittiful.  The best Overhaulin I've seen is where they take that woman's C2 vette (a 1967 i believe) and they pretty much have to totally replace the whole car.  It turned out to be probably the best looking car I've seen in a LONG time.
dbdraggirl 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
That show really erks me.. lol Pimp My Ride that is.. and no not because they won't pick me either.. did anyone happen to see the show where that "pimped" that guys older $hit box truck into... I don't even know what to call it, but they did the overkill with the flames everywhere and the ping pong table in the back!? wow.. thats all i could say and its was more of a what the f** wow than anything.. I am all with the guy who was talking about being practical.. If you can't use it, or it doesn't have a specific purpose then why.. I mean like custom fiberglassing and what not is really good looking and the systems in the bed of the trucks but.. a ping pong table?! wtf?
Girls can do anything guys can do!!
2~12" Kove Armageddon Z's
US Amps 2000x
US Amps 4300x (mids & highs)
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
2~Kove 5 1/4" KC Components
CompuStar Alarm :o)
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
That would be the episode with the Ford Ranger that they put more effort into the bed than the rest of the truck, lol, two "Audioburn" funkadelik flame 12's in the bed with the enclosure as a couch and a 21" screen.......but yet in the cab 2 8" bazooka tubes, wtf???
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
lol another thing about that ranger episode the kid deliveres autoparts in his truck, hows he going to do it now with all that junk in the back?
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
now he will have to buy another p.o.s. truck to deliever his parts with....... so basically he will be right back where he started.
hurtado_roberto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
Some of the kids that come out on that show are not as knowledgable as some of us.  Do you think they will pay a pro if some of the audio or video components go bad?  Knowing them, they will provably leave it alone and ignore it.
Poly Dollies
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic