icon

West Coast Customs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  

Don’t underestimate 2 good 8 inch subs, that cab is small and it does not take a huge sub to fill it with solid, tight, hit you in the gut bass.

Hurtado roberto is probably right; they will just let it be broken.  What a waste. 

Aside from that, these vehicle are impractical and that just turns me off from the show.  They don’t take into account what most of the people need to do with their automobiles.  Then again, the show is pimp my ride.  However, there is more then one way to skin a cat, errr.. Pimp A Ride.

aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with heavilymedicate about the 2 8 inch bazookas in the truck, they should fill that small cab with plenty of bass. So what do I think of WCC's "Pimp My Ride" installs? It's only fitting. The show is called "Pimp My Ride". To whom are these rides pimp? Obviously not to most installers, but there aren't even enough installers for their opinion to matter. To these guests on the show, their ride is pimp. They have stuff that other people don't have in their car, that's pimp.
I personally don't think there's anything dramatically wrong with the cars. They may have useless things, but they go with themes which MTV would like to see. Screens in the doors? I don't see anything wrong with it. Sure it can only be seen if you open the door, but same goes for my audio installation in my trunk, yet I choose to finish it.
As for the equipment they use, it doesn't even matter because the people that are recieving the equipment won't know any better. They have no experience with audio equipment, so SQ isn't at all important, an Audiobahn sub would be just as good as a W7. If they were worried about SQ, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need to be on "Pimp My Ride".
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
P.S. I was just stating my opinion. West Coast Customs - Page 3 -- posted image.
P.S.S. I don't like Audiobahn. West Coast Customs - Page 3 -- posted image.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

since I am getting grilled on the previous statement, guess I should clarify myself a little more, lol, what i meant by that was they put more in the bed than they put in the cab.

Not that I underestimate Bazooka in any way, we are an authorized dealer, and i personally think they are great for smaller trucks that have space limitations, such as the ranger on that episode.Thats probably one of the best lines of equipment that I have seen them use.

I just found it kind of funny the fact that they put that in the cab and the 12's in the bed.

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

LOL.  Yeah i'm w/ chad7n7.  And you also have to think, what is this guy going to do w/ those subs in the bed?  I got this HUGE feeling that he isn't goin to be going to competitions to show it off, so that leaves it for one thing, his personal "enjoyment".  But I guess if it's all given to you at no cost then a guy that has nothing isn't going to complain.  Beggers can't be choosers.

flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

I guess this show is to installers as Orange County Choppers is to me.

I have no problems with these guys or thier business, but the show sucks. They are always building the same bike. I don't care what Pauly is up to and all the family drama....show me some fabrication dammit!

I hung around a local Harley shop a lot when I was younger and this place had all kinds of things going on. Custom machine work, painting, headers, frame stretching...anything you could possibly imagine with a Harley Davidson motorcycle....  Then these clowns at OCC think they can make a show and entertain people with metal working basics....what a joke!

As for WCC, well it's MTV! What would you expect from MTV? It's as entertaining as monster garage to me! I hope these cars do break down as a result of a bad transmission or some other overlooked mechanical flaw. Don't they add security to some of these? Not that that would stop anyone in the L.A area.

Would anyone watch a show called "trade your ragga-muffin car for a newer better running vehicle" ? No, that would be boring to most viewers.

If anything, I think it helps the industry. All this hype gets people into your stores and sells more equipment, gives the installers more to do. It's a worldwide trend, everyone wants thier ride pimped.

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, your definitely right on that last point.
aidipf 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
agreed that everything everyone is saying is true but...IT'S A T.V. SHOW... meaning it's sole purpose is for advertising. you know, showing what west coast customs is capable of to bring in some customers that's all. honestly i wouldn't knock those guy's though. the stuff they put in like fish tanks and steamers and yoga boards and what not is just to show their skill and get customers, not to win a competition. and besides ur not going to go all the way out for someone that getting something done for free anyway's. ur probably going to do just as they do. not put any thought efforts into spectaculr design. just do something simple yet attention grabbing.
mr. innovations
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Uh actually when I do something I do it for a purpose (form meets function).  And I do a good job.  Most good installers here will proably agree w/ me on that.  But yeah it's just a tv show.  And it's free.  Can't expect too much.
fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
In the last to months I have put headrest screens in the backseat headrests in 3 different cars and everyone has used the Pimp My Ride line in talking to them a few times and you can believe 2 of the 3 did'nt know the difference between JL and Audiobahn for some reason were I live Audiobahn has became the standard in which to grade everthing  and thats why my wifes car ( XR's inside on a 300.4 and 1 12w6 on a 500.1) gets big respect. But I still thank Pimp my Ride because they bring to light what every other 12 volter has been seeing for years!!!!!!!
Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic