icon

West Coast Customs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Well In my opinion, There work is for show! not for competition or for Sound Quality. Like what most of us have already stated.  Its bling bling. Not acutally SQ, SPL. Just all fun and games. I bet if they were to do competition, for best sound and looks, if they set there minds to it, they probably will put everyone up to it.  What private shop can do everything that they are offering? Well good luck and have fun. LOl!
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Pimp my ride... If another customer says that I am gonna kill them. Okay I watch the show it is good entertainment, because I like comming home from work and looking at the same cars I worked on at the office. Who doesn't like to be surrounded by hoopties all day then see them on tv at home too. I was lucky enough to quit my previous job 2 weeks ago, but I used to be the hooptie king. And for everybodies info the flames on audiobahns add like 3 db didn't you know. And also I have yet to see any sony stuff xplode the voice coils freeze duh.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
The main thing I notice,   They put all this work in the car but most of the time to open the hood to see if the motor is a ticking time bomb, besides the episode with the crx that didnt make it to the shop I havent seen much maintance under the hood to make sure the car isnt still a hoopty thats just gonna bust on the side of the road..Ohhhh sh*t my car with $25,000 worth of equipment just broke down in east compton   haha
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I will give them credit for using fairly non-mainstream brands in their installs. It helps us sell lots and lots of Directed and Clarion product...
On the other hand, as an installer, yeah, some of the work leaves a little to be desired, but to the people who are getting the cars, it's great. You gotta take one with the other I guess.
Gus
PS: Audiobahn is still craptastic
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
pacojoebob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

They just do stuff like that to make it look cool to the people watching the show. It's not like the people in TV land know what is good quality audio stuff. I just saw and the Home makeover show and for some reason they made a hometheater system with 3 recievers, 4 sony 8" subs and I couldn't count how many surrounds they had all over the walls. I thought wow that looks could but I know that a simple high quailty 5.1 surround system would blow away all those speakers. Of couse the show is sponsered by sears and sears doesn't carry that kind of audio stuff. I bet it's the same way with WCC, they use Audiobhan because audio pays to have their stuff on the show.

hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
What do you guys think of overhall on TLC?  Last night they said they put a 3500w sistem in a camaro but I didn't catch the brand.  Was this a good system or not?
Poly Dollies
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah places always say they put in these huge wattage systems. Did you ever notice that they do not tell you how they were rated. I am xertain that it was 3500 watts ILS. Oh you do not know ILS it means IF LIGHTNING STRIKES
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

The stuff they put on the Camaro was Alphasonik (the amps and subs) and was installed by a company guy(Aphasonik that is).

The rest was Power Acoustik. Don't know what the speakers were. But the whole install  looked good for something that was done in a couple of days.

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Most of overhaulin's audio stuff is Alphasonic I think.  Overhaulin's much better in my opinion (I'm a domestic guy also so...).  They do stuff to the whole car (tires, engine, interior, transmission, exterior, ect..).  And when it's done it's really nice.  That 'Vette they had on there one time (a '67 I believe) came out like new.  Absolutely beautiful.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
West Coast Customs is awesome!  end this thread aalready. Seesh!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic