icon

West Coast Customs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
So guys how about that show Pimp my ride?  Man that show is something else!   West Coast Customs - Page 5 -- posted image.
amiyourmystery 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have learned or come to understand that when a person have a bad experience with a product, they dog it out and jump on the bandwagon for another brand of equipment that is over priced and can suck just as bad.  I have audiobahn all through my ford explorer (speakers) but not the amps and "what nots" and it sounds pretty damn good.  Hell, I have been able to walk over a guy that had 2 RF 15's with my 2 10" subs (to add, I don't think it hits 140 db's).  It's my vacation vehicle for the family when we go on long trips.  And I did have good sound Q, too.  Then, there is another guy with the Kicker sq 12's that was going to blow it's spiders as it could barely keep up.  I am not trying to say Audiobahn is "the boss" but it's like every other equipment out there, sometimes you can get one of the good one they made and someone else can pick up the crap.  It's no different than cars, the pinto is the best gas saver ever made besides the festiva for the price you pay.  I am a Eathquake, Clarion (Pro audio sterieos) and Lanzar (before they committed suicide and joined with pyle)  guy but none of it is avail where I am in ga so I have to do the best i can with what i can get locally.    I still have the 3 earthquake amps since I brought them in 1993 and they all still work except one which goes into protect last week when the bass hits hard.  That is what makes me like earthquake and I know someone else could have brought the same things and they think it's crap cause they got the $h!ty one off of the shelf.  I do agree that some of audiobahns stuff is crap but like everything else, you can have bad experiences with everything that's overpriced.  I just maybe the only person who good a good set of speakers from them, I'll accept that possibility along with the fact that I have  been satisfied with them so far and it's been almost 3 yrs without having to replace one speaker yet.  this is just my opinion and sorry it's this long for me to get my point across.

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
hey what part of ga u from amiyourmystery?  I'd like to hear the setup you've got goin.  Audo's are ok.  But most people don't have too much luck with them.  I've yet to hear a "quality" sounding audiobahan setup.  They've all been loud, very loud, but not that clean.  Give me a halla'.
dr_sound 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hey I think you can get your own louder system, it doesn´t matter if it´s overpriced brand, just take the best thing that fits on your system and combine it with others that include the parameters needed.

About pimp my ride, it´s only a T.V. show, if you see, JL, Nakamichi, eclipse, or alpine need to sell more, then you would see tv. spots or sound upgrades at that tv show, the person who knows about sound, takes that stuff, and "the new guys" on the street, buys the audiobahns, sonys and clarion stuff that they see at the show. they only want to sell...

amiyourmystery 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

boxmaker....

I am in albany, ga.

Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic