icon

Viper Remote Start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dmcdlrn 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have a really weird one here.  I recently installed a viper 791 xv in my 2000 sunfire gt.  The alarm works fine, but when I try to remote start is when I run into trouble.  I push the button twice and the car flashes the lights and I heard relays clicking, and the fuel pump charges up, but then it just shuts down and restarts the start cycle...  I know that the starter is hooked up right cause when you pull the fuse in the ignition wire and remote start it, the car will crank, but will not fire (obvisouly because there is no ignition power) but as soon as I touch that ignition wire back up, the starter dies out and it restarts its cycle.  I talked with dei a bit and they told me they have no idea why it does it.  I had a remote start in the car before the viper and it worked fine, so I'm wondering if its the module?  have any of you heard of this or had problems with this?  Thanks
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have an anti theft devices.
Notes:
NOTE: This vehicle has the passlock II immobilizer system that, when adding a remote start, must be interfaced with. Use DEI part 555t or 555L.
dmcdlrn 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

My car is factory equiped with passlock 2 which I have bypassed using the dei 555L module.  That atleast worked correctly on the last alarm... and appears to be working correctly on this alarm.  The passlock system is not capable of shutting down the starter motor itself, but rather shuts down the power to the injectors and fuel pump if a resistor code is not sent to the pcm when the key is physically turned in the ignition.  The 555l is sending that resistance for me.

Thanks

swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Did the alarm learn the tach that if it set up that way.
dmcdlrn 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
ya, I learned the tach
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
does the shutdown diagnostis read anything
dmcdlrn 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know what the shutdown diagnostis is..  Does that have to do with the pc tool that you can buy for the alarm?  Cause I don't have that.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
no, its in the install manual. read the proceedure. look at the LED, comapre it to the number of flashes on the chart.
did you use both accy wires? and did you get the passlock wires right off the passlock harness, or further down where you might not have grabbed the right ones? also, what did you use for the tach?
MECP certified installer
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Go to page 52 of the instal manural. it tell of a few reason that why the car shut down.
dmcdlrn 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hey, I don't have the manual, I only have the install book.  Is it the manual you can get online in pdf?  I took from the passlock wires right after they come out of the ignition switch.  I know they are right.... the old remote start on the old alarm worked fine... and I didn't change them when I put the new one in.  I used the heater ac wire, the ignition wire, and the starter wire.  And of course their power wires.  I didn't use second ignition, because I don't have one in my car.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic