icon

Viper Remote Start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
i just said install manual, not owners manual. and actually, the table of contents says shutdown diagnostics .
and i asked if you used both accy wires. there are two. orange and brown.
if it was a passlock problem the car would crank and die. if its not cranking at all you have a problem either with the tach, starter wire, or you arent energizing all of/the right ignition switch wires. i assume you have a cut starter wire and you soldered the purple wire towards the motor side and the green towards the key side, right?
MECP certified installer
dmcdlrn 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  

Oh, sorry, I mis read your post, sorry.  I kinda thought I answered your second question however by saying that I hooked up the heater ac(orange).  I don't think that I have any power going to the brown wire.  I thought that was just like power windows and stuff.  I know the starter wire will work cause like I said, if I unplug the fuse from the ignition wire on the relay sat, and then remote start it will crank the engine, but obviously the fuel pump and stuff won't fire up.  My starter wire is in fact cut.  It runs in the green, and out the purple then straight out my firewall.  Oh, and thanks on the shutdown thing, I hadn't seen that in the book.  I did that and it flashes a three for low or no tach.  That is weird to me cause I would expect no rpm cause the engine wasn't turning... perhaps I just am not understanding properly.  I have my tack wire hooked up to a wire comming out of the coil pack setup that is white with violet I believe, and it read like 9 volts ac when the engine was running.

Thanks

Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
did you hookup the neutral safety wire?
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
if the neutral safety wire (BLACK/ white) wanst grounded, the remote start sequence wouldnt start at all, no parking lights or fuel pump. take your piink/white heavy gauge ign2 wire from the viper and wire that up to what ever accy wire you still need to hook up, and program the viper option (menu 3-9) to 2nd accy.
also, on a sunfire the tach shouldnt read that high i dont think... but thats the right tach wire.
try the 2nd accy and see if that changes things. if you didnt need it than techsoft and directwire would say (not needed for remote start), but you do.
MECP certified installer
dmcdlrn 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  

Ok,  does it say the brown wire is needed? or the second ignition?  Cause I thought the second ignition was for like the automatic transmission or something.  It was listed as a white wire on my car.  I have a manual, and don't have a white wire at my ignition switch.  And yes, as you say if the neutral wire wasn't hooked up it wouldn't do anything... plus it would throw that code for it.  I have mine hooked to a magnetic switch that is attatched to my shifter which shows ground only when the shifter is in top dead center. 

I will hook the pink with white wire up to brown wire if that might help.  Also, if you want, I can hook the tack wire to a fuel injector if you think that might be a better place for it.

Thanks!

dmcdlrn 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
I tried the 2nd accesory and all it did was power up my ability to roll down the windows and put my top down... and turn my amps on cause they are wired into that brown accessory cause I use a factory head unit.  There is something that is denying it the ability to crank because I put it into voltage checking mode and it powered up the ignition wire, and it sat there for quite a bit then tried again... blah blah blah... then I tired turning engine checking off and just forcing it to crank for .6 seconds, and it wouldn't crank, but it just stayed in "running" mode until I shut it down.  Could there be some anti grind or wire from my dei 555l that could be causeing problems?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you might still have a Passlock problem....   BTW, some passlock systems interuppt the starter and are not a fuel shutoff system.... i learned this the hard way after spending about 3 hours on an 03 Alero, only to find i had a bad passlock ground... the vehicle wouldnt crank at all
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jkyliej 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hood pin switch????
jkj
dmcdlrn 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
The Alero must have a newer or different paslock system then the sunfires cause sunfires only cut fuel, but will still crank. The hoodpin switch would act similer to the neutral saftey... it wouldn't do anything, or it might notify me that its open then not do anything. Ultimately it doesn't matter cause I found that I had the starter wires out of the relay sat backwards. I had the green running out the firewall and the purple switch side. Thats why it wouldn't work... She works like a dream now. Thanks alot guys for you suggestions, I really appreaciate them!!
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
"i assume you have a cut starter wire and you soldered the purple wire towards the motor side and the green towards the key side, right?"
thats why at the end i asked if you had the starter wire cut right. atleast its working now Viper Remote Start issue - Page 2 -- posted image.
MECP certified installer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic