2005 Honda Pilot Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kevindanielk 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
pilotrol wrote:

Any incompatibility issues with the2005 Pilot EX and the Viper 350HV or Clifford Arrow 5?  

If you plan on installing one of these two listed alarms, you don't need the bypass module. The module is only used for bypassing the factory immoblizer system when REMOTE STARTING your vehicle. The alarms you list don't have remote start capability built in. If you intend to add remote start to one of these alarms, only then will you need the bypass module.

pilotrol 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

jworm wrote:  Are those prices you listed for a universal bypass module that requires you to give up your valet key?

I don't know??  Can you explain a little further what that would mean?  My valet key would not work?

kevindanielk:

Yes, the alarms I listed don't have remote start and I don't plan on getting it.  What I need is just a standard alarm system.  With that being said, I would like to ask again, I do not need the bypass module, correct?

Another question, let's say I have one of the alarms installed.  The alarm would come with a remote transmitter, right?  Then will the remote that's built into my key still work?  Probably not huh?

Another question, do I even need an active alarm if the 2005 Pilot already comes with a passive alarm?  I mean noone would be able to start my car anyways because of the engine immobilizer, right?  or is the built in Honda immobilizer some cheap stuff that can be easily broken into?

Thanks again for your post(s)!  Greatly appreciate it! 

kevindanielk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

You definitely don't need the bypass module if you don't plan on getting a remote start.

The new alarm would come with new keychain transmitters. If the alarm is properly installed to also operate your factory oem alarm, you will not need to use the factory alarm transmitter buttons any longer. However, the immobolizer built into your key will still be active.

The immobolizer is not some cheap stuff. It is very effective in stopping your car from being started without the key. The key actually sends out a coded signal to your ignition cylinder when you turn the key on. If the right code is received by the immobolizer controller, the car starts. If not, then the starter and ignition circuits are disabled for a period of time. Most newer cars come with this type of system because it has proven to be the most effective against theft.

pilotrol 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

kevindanielk:

Since the pilot already has the factory immobilizer, do I still need the starter kill that's on the after market alarms?  Can I tell the installer to leave out the starter kill portion of the install?

Lastly, if the aftermarket alarm is properly installed, then with the push of a button on the aftermarket alarm transmitter, the alarm should arm and lock the doors.  Another push of the button will disarm and unlock the doors, right?  What will happen if I accidently push the factory alarm buttons (will it cause electronic problems in my car)?

Thanks again!

kevindanielk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
pilotrol wrote:

kevindanielk:

Since the pilot already has the factory immobilizer, do I still need the starter kill that's on the after market alarms?  Can I tell the installer to leave out the starter kill portion of the install?

Lastly, if the aftermarket alarm is properly installed, then with the push of a button on the aftermarket alarm transmitter, the alarm should arm and lock the doors.  Another push of the button will disarm and unlock the doors, right?  What will happen if I accidently push the factory alarm buttons (will it cause electronic problems in my car)?

Thanks again!

You could do without the starter kill portion of your aftermarket alarm. The immobilizer will handle the starter cut-off portion.

If you accidentally push the factory alarm buttons, there will be no adverse effects on your electronic systems, but the aftermarket alarm, if armed at the time, will most likely will see this as an intrusion and trigger full siren.

pilotrol 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

kevindanielk:

thanks again for your comments!  the info helped me very much in understanding how the whole alarm thing works.

have a great day!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic