icon

Alpine Type R vs Infinity Perfect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah I guess I forgot to read the rules that say you may not discuss any other topic other than that stated in the heading of the post.  But then again I thought that's what this whole site is for, so you can learn.  And talking about who thinks who is better (now maybe this is just me) makes me realize more things about other companies.  Like I never thought Alpine did all that crap with their demo cars but now that ravendarat said something about it I've looked it up and found alpine to be a cool and reiable comany.  But I could be wrong, like I said that might just be me.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
I dont want to be blamed for turning people on to alpine :) I am not an alpine fan myself. The rules are eally just guidlines and as long as the question was adequitly answered in the post before hand, which in this case it seemed to be, I dont see any harm in things getting a little off topic.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
pacojoebob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

I'd say alpines just because i have the type-r's *ported* and they are very loud but I never heard the perfects so i can't really compare.

Another reason for alpine is I had some infinity reference subs that blew out in just a few months in a sealed box. Of couse those are a lot cheaper but they are supposted to be rated higher peak than the type-r's (which i don't think matters) . The tpye-r's were a lot loud then those infinity's but i don't have a clue how the perfects woud sound. Also the type-r sounded a lot cleaner than those cheaper infinities but they lost some sq when i went ported.

Although I do have Infinity mid's and highs.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Such a shame alpine doesn't make what they used to...
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
The peak power on a sub is almost irrelivent.  It's the maximum power you can run to a sub for brief moments.  So yeah if i run the peak power (on the reference it's 1000 I think)  then yeah i'll blow in a matter of a minute, concidering it's only 250 watts rms (i think).  But if I run four times the recomended rms power to that alpine then I promise it'll blow also.  The kappa and kappa perfects are much better subs then the reference (a "cheap" speaker by infinity's definition). 
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
i have had both in the same car with the same amp and id have to go with the infinity kappa perfects... but the type-r box was ported and the infinity box wasn't... That said.. i had 10's not 12's so ... I have also heard infinity kappa perfects in ported boxes and i don't like them, i miss my kappa perfects so much! Alpine Type R vs Infinity Perfect - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.   I would by them again if it came to it
everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
Alpine Type R vs Infinity Perfect - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic