icon

Alpine Type R vs Infinity Perfect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Not A lawyer at all, and I will go on record as saying I have nothing but the utmost admiration for the guys and possibly gals who put together the demo cars that we see turned out by Alpine, JL, Rockford, MTX and others. I am a professional installer and appreticate how much time and effort must go into those cars, I also no that I am in no way capable of making 90 percent of those vehicles, simply out of my skill level and I will be the first to admit that. Can I make a sq competitor, sure can, can I make a SPL beast, Absolutly, but can I do any install that I can justifiy charging 150 g's for, no way in hell. And as to the comment about pioneer subs, I have 3 first place trophies for spl and one second for sq all from my vehicle using all pioneer speakers and subs, once again, its all about the install.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Dang way to go Ravendarat.  You're definately ahead of me on the presentation and awards.  I've seen a guy w/ lightning audio win 3rd in a state competition for spl.  It was the install on that.  No way could those subs win by themselves.  But having good equipment never hurt an installer.  I'm still working on my system for personal enjoyment definately no competitions...yet.

Speaking of installs... I might be getting a JLw7 or w6.  If i port it does it make a difference where I put the port/vent?  If the sub fires directily into the cabin (not the trunk) does the port need to go into there also? or can it go into the trunk?

Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
I was always told that the BEST place for the port was on the same face as the subs but was never given a good explanation of why. Mabye you should repost that question in a new topic being we have taken this one grossly off topic already................................... I still say go perfect
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

Someone was talking about the great marketing for JL?  About the product not being that outstanding, just the marketing being great.  Like Bose?  Thats not even a comparison.  Bose gets little respect among audiophiles, JL gets much.  Look at the reviews for JL products, its good stuff (stop hating) but its also relatively expensive.  And JL advertising is not that great, its not very flashy, allot of people who are not into the community are like "JL who?" 

They do not provide a large low-end line of products like, say Rockford who has 3 models of 10" subwoofers under 200, so the best buys can carry the low end and the specialty shops can carry the high end.  They dont revamp the look of the equipment every year or every other year to be stylish, got the same old black cone/white logo on all the subs they make (special edition w6 aside, they got silver logo's). 

JL has several things to overcome before they can break into chain stores like BB and CC, and I doubt production was the biggest piece of it.  They have a network of shops that sell the high end, which could not be sustained if you took away the sales from the w3 and w0.  The mid-low range is where most audio equipment is sold.

I like JL audio and....  I hate fan-boys who ride the dick of any company to hard.  Its ridiculous to say one company beats all others at every price point, no mater what.  Idiots!  I got a universal truth for ya!  Great installation and tuning beats poor I&T any day!  Proven time and again, all day long, over and over, get the f**k outa my way Fan-boy and shut-up your embarrassing yourself! 

It happens on both ends.  Some companies make some very low-end stuff, but that don’t mean the high end stuff is junk to.  Pioneer makes some crap!  But if you shop right, they have some real values in the middle of the product lines.  So to run around saying Pioneer makes junk all day long just makes you look like a fool to those who know better.

Ok, thats enough dont even know where im going anymore.  Respect everyone’s opinion, blah blah blah, just wanted to have my say, throw a few rocks, whatever....

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, Type R or Kappa Perfect?  Both great subs, i prefer the Kappa perfect from what I have heard.  Kappa Perfect or W3v2?  Kappa Perfect.
adamaudio77 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
TYP-R or Kappa my vote is for the kappas
    **adamaudio77**
+ - + - + - + - + - + -
my DMM is my best friend
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
Don't listen to that crap on JL. If u ask the question between R type and KP, answer the damn question. God, some people are so stupid. My two cents on it go to the Kappa, as i have sold both the Kappa Perfect and the R Type. I have had several trade ins on the R's but not one on the Kappas, as they satisfy everyone from SQ to SPL on a modest budget. I don't know who said JL but i don't think this guy is a millionaire and wants to dish out $400 + on a sub, unless some jackass dealer is WAY overpricing the R'S and KP's. Good luck, Infinity is the way to go.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Is it just me or have you other guys noticed a little hostility in the newbies?  I read somewhere a week ago a guy chewed out forbidden b/c he thought a guy should do something a little different.  *sigh* what's happening to the world?  Can't we all just live in a happy audio world with big subwoofers and perfect sound?  And no one gets mad because they think one speaker is better then the other?
vdubmk4 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

Haha, I'm with boxmaker.

But thanks guys for ALLLL the info.

Fortune: You will continue to take chances, and be glad you did.
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmmmmmmmmm, its amazing how off track some post can get esspecially when they start out with a very easy question like which sub do you think is better.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic