icon

Three Pulses converted to one pulse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
How's This? Three Pulses converted to one pulse - Page 5 - Last Post -- posted image.
John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Looks good, but it needs to be positive lock and unlock instead of negative.
Karl
Pacific Accessory Corporation
Mobile Audio Interfacing Equipment
Connecting You to Your Music Since 1976
fbird08 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for posting that for me hotwaterwizard. I was having one heck of a time getting that picture to load. As for the positive L/U I was under the assumpition that they were negative trigger but that is easily fixed. Just were it says 12V change that to ground, where it says ground change that to 12V, cut the loop on the pulse relay timer so it accepts a positive trigger and reverse the diodes. This will yield a positive output after a positive lock, unlock , then lock again. If a negative unlock is still needed all you have to do is add another relay onto the output to change the polarity. Just use the positive output to trigger the relay and have pin 87 hooked to ground and pin 30 will be your negative output. I've found that DEI 451Ms work great for little projects like this if you pay careful attention to what wire is what pin on the mini relays. They are easily confused simply because you cant vizually look at where the wire is hooked up. If you do end up using these there are two purple wires that are attached, the purple wire with the black stripe is hooked to the same relay as the white and green wires. BTW what kind of car is this? I didnt catch it in all the posts but I may have missed it.

G-luck

Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it
fbird08 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for posting that for me hotwaterwizard. I was having one heck of a time getting that picture to load. As for the positive L/U I was under the assumpition that they were negative trigger but that is easily fixed. Just were it says 12V change that to ground, where it says ground change that to 12V, cut the loop on the pulse relay timer so it accepts a positive trigger and reverse the diodes. This will yield a positive output after a positive lock, unlock , then lock again. If a negative unlock is still needed all you have to do is add another relay onto the output to change the polarity. Just use the positive output to trigger the relay and have pin 87 hooked to ground and pin 30 will be your negative output. I've found that DEI 451Ms work great for little projects like this if you pay careful attention to what wire is what pin on the mini relays. They are easily confused simply because you cant vizually look at where the wire is hooked up. If you do end up using these there are two purple wires that are attached, the purple wire with the black stripe is hooked to the same relay as the white and green wires. BTW what kind of car is this? I didnt catch it in all the posts but I may have missed it.

G-luck

Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
neener 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks everyone for all the help. The car is a 2003 Accord. I will give this a try when I get back home from a business trip.
fbird08 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

If it is a 2003 accord test the lock and unlock wires not the motor wires. I am pretty sure they will be negative pulse and my original diagram that hotwaterwizard posted for me will work with no modifications. The only concern is if the lock and unlock wires actually pulse when you use the remote. I know they do from the door switch and if you turn the key in the door key cylinder but I have never tried testing them when you use the factory key fob. Let us know how this turns out.

Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
neener 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
The lock and unlock wires do not pulse with the keyless entry remote.
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic