icon

door trigger problem with viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
accordcoupe94 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, i posted about this problem before but i never got a response. it seems i have a problem with my dome light, which also affects how the alarm triggers if a door is opened. basically, if i open my door, nothing happens, my alarm does not catch it. there is something wrong with me dome light, the light does not come on when i open the doors, however, it does come on if i manually switch it to its on position. is there another wire i can tap for the door trigger?i currently have it tapped on the back/white wire on gray connector to the right of the steering column. maybe any help on trying to fix the domelight might be helpfull as well.
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Once again . . .
1. Have you removed the door pins from each of the doors and varified that they are indeed sound, and free of any corrosion??
This is a common problem with those model Accords. If it is the L shaped push types, this is 100% the problem. If the door pin is housed within a rubber pleated boot, then it is the wire connector in the back which is corroded / loose.
2. Did you diode isolate the door pins? If so, are the diodes orientated in the correct manner???
3. Are you sure you have the correct wire from the harness?? How did you test that this is indeed the correct wire??? Did it show a (+) or (-) when you depressed the switches???
4. Are you sure the zone is not simply bypassed through the alarm system???
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .    
accordcoupe94 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
yes, its a 1994 honda accord ex coupe. i have lights on the doors as well, and they come on an off depending if the door is open or closed, and they work fine, so i assumed that the door switches are fine, just that the dome light does not work in combination with the door swirthes.
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
You are assuming wrong.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
its not ur electrical system. check the wire youre tappin at. youre prolly checkin the wrong wire, dude
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
and they come on an off depending if the door is open or closed, and they work fine, so i assumed that the door switches are fine, just that the dome light does not work in combination with the door swirthes.
This is highly contradictory. Either the dome light works off the door switches, or it dosen't. You can't have both, I'm afraid.
Check your doorpins..... intermittant door switches are a very common problem with older Mazdas and Hondas. They are either loose or corroded.... easy fix/change. Usually just one screw.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
accordcoupe94 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
ok. let me explain this again. i had a crimestopper alarm system in my car before but i took it out and installed the viper, so i am certain i have all of the corect wires tapped since they were the same ones used from the old alarm. the door switches are functioning correctly. i know this because the LIGHTS ON THE DOOR come on and off when i press them or open and close the door. it is just the dome light that does not react to the door switches. i do not know why. there is also picture on my speedometer cluster that also shows which door is open when i open one. its a coupe so it only shows left or right door opened. come to think of it, i did have my speedometer changed and i am not sure if it was from a coupe or sedan, but i doubt that would affect this problem. gauge cluster works perfectly.
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
I dont care if the light comes on in the door, you do realize that it is a seperate circuit right?
Also, you have not even taken the time to verify any of these assumptions with your DMM. Imperical evdience and facts are what technicians follow, not what I think is true.
You can observe all you want, but at the end of the day you really do need to confirm your visual observations with a meter.
I am telling you this from 20+ years of experience, matters not what you see, or hear, it only matters what the meter says.
Even then, the informations takes one good working brain to determine what to do with the captured data.
If you elect to not follow up with electrical measurments, to verify your finding, then it matters not what I tell you, you are simply ignoring people who have experience, and those who do, will ultimately tell you the same thing over and over.
Doesnt mean the answer will change, but it does mean you have factual data to collaborate your visual observations, which then, will lead you down another path, but only after you have confirmed the basics.
Sorry, but you are not even doing the basics, which is key to trouble shooting.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
accordcoupe94 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
ok. like i said im right. think about it this way mr. smart a$$ tekken. If the door switch is broken, like you said, how the hell can it control the door lights? like i said.. switch is fine, just that dome light is not working with it. im looking for possible explanations, not the same answer again and again from someone who obviously does not have any common sense since you cannot figure out that the switch is good because it CAN control the door lights and "door open" notification on my dash. IF the switch was bad, it would not sense any of those things. i know its on a different circuit, but so what? its still being controlled by the same switch. whoop de do mr. cant connect the dots, how much easier can i explain this?
accordcoupe94 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
im sorry if i sounded a little ignorant in the previous post, ok maybe very ignorant, but come on.. have some common sense. ITS NOT THE SWITCH. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic