icon

door trigger problem with viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
Have you ever looked at a newer GM doorpin switch?  There are three wires coming out of it.  One goes to ground, one to the dome lights, and another to the blinky lights on the dash to tell you witch door is open.  Just because there is only one switch, doesn't mean that it is still functioning at 100%.  There is a possibility that your wiring in the car has become faulty, broken wire or what not.  Theres the chance that with the inst. cluster replaced with one not quite right, it is causing the problem.  You should first unhook your door trigger wiring from the alarm going to the car.  All of it.  no diodes, no nothing, back to stock.  If dome light functions properly, problem is in alarm wiring.  if not, then you know that it is in the car.  Take clear methodical steps when trying to troubleshoot these problems, and youll find that most of the time the answer will come to you before you find it.  And as far as what Teken was trying to get across to you, near as I can tell, is that you are asking everyone to make assumptions about why your dome light doesn't work right, without feeding them any raw data about what it is and isn't doing, in an electrical sense.  People like us need concrete data to form a path to follow to cure a problem.  This part works, and that part doesn't, does us no good at all.  So check out what I suggested earlier, and then give us back those results, and then we can help you much mo' betta'  Let there be peace in the valley...
If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Its been over two weeks since this member has posted this problem. And, at each point, professional advice has been stated, and given as to where to start.
Has the member followed this advice???
No . . . Why??? As I see it, its not that important to him to find out why, but simply guess. . .
Its too hard to bend over and break out a DMM and make some basic measurements???
Too hard to take a phillips screw driver, and remove one little door pin???
Perhaps it is . . . Life is pretty simple when help is around. You are basicly making your own life harder, because you have elected to be ignorant of the facts as to what people do in your situation.
tbirdman74, Don't waste your breath, he still wont do it, if he does its only because its the ONLY common sense thing to do.
door trigger problem with viper 791xv - Page 2 -- posted image. door trigger problem with viper 791xv - Page 2 -- posted image. door trigger problem with viper 791xv - Page 2 -- posted image.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
Well you can lead a horse to water, but its kinda tough to drown them in it!!..
If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
LMAO . . . On that note, I will leave this thread. Nothing productive will come out of it.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=Teken]LMAO . . . On that note, I will leave this thread. Nothing productive will come out of it.[/QUOTE
Something has..........
Hey it works!!!!]
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
mo12v wrote:
[QUOTE=Teken]LMAO . . . On that note, I will leave this thread. Nothing productive will come out of it.[/QUOTE
[QUOTE=mo12v]something has..........
Hey it works!!!!
Nope try again !! door trigger problem with viper 791xv - Page 2 -- posted image.
EVIL Teken . . .
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Well Accordguy, try this. Using a DMM (Digital Multimeter) you may have to relocate the door trigger wire to the other side of the circuit. What does this mean for you? The door lights and cluster icon are on another side of the door trigger circuit, so, in order for the alarm to trigger without fixing a possible vehicle problem, you must find the wire that triggers the actual lights in the door and cluster.
Is there anything else that is possibly not working correctly in the car? That may have stopped working around the same time as the overhead dome light? May want to pop the hood and check the fuse marked "room" in the fusebox next to the battery (7.5A). It also controls the clock, and radio memory.
You may also want to consider double checking those doorpins. Yeah yeah, you may think they are working correctly. However, if they are using 2 separate wires right at the switch (one for each circuit) and one of the circuits has failed... well, you are seeing the results.
You must keep in mind that all of the responses you have recieved thus far are from seasoned veterans in this field (10+ years for myself) who have encountered problems such as this before. We are speaking from experience. We have seen problems like this before, and believe it or not, we know what we are talking about.
Have a Day!
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
accordcoupe94 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
man.. you guys have no other answer than the door switch. i mean its a good guess and i understand why you would think that but like i said, its fine. i looked at the switch and its fine.i took off the headliner and ran my own damn wires to prove this. it not the damn door switch. will you guys give up on that and concentrate on something else? i mean i uderstand that most of you guys are seasoned veterans, but i know 97% of you have worked on hondas and i cannot believe that none of you can give me a better answer than this. tekken is the most ignorant of all. i mean he was proven wrong by me at least 5 times and he still inststs its the door switch, tekken, if you cant figure out soemthing its ok. i mean its not like youre god. your just a moron and i understand that. if you have no other ideas, just state it and move on. commenting on not bothering to post any more ideas to hide that you actually have no others is just a sad way to admit youre a looser. anyways, i still need help to figure out this problem. and if it wasnt obvious enough, i have used a DMM to check for voltage change for the BLACK/ WHITE WIRE TO THE RIGHT OF THE COLUMN. no change was reported. and like i said.. i think its the changed cluster that is causing the problem.. i believe its from a sedan. one more thing, tekken, please dont post any more posts on my topics. i do not need an amateurs help. and for the rest, thank you for your help.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
Okay, we have ruled out the door switch.... thank-you. This is how troubleshooting works... divide and conquer. Door switch to cluster is obviously working, you have an icon. Perhaps the harness to the overhead light has an issue. Have you pulled the cluster? If the plugs between the OEM cluster and the new cluster you have in there were different, and they had to splice new connectors on, one or two wires may have gotten missed.
Looks like you may have to break down and spend some money on a manual for the car, or at least try to get the schematic for the interior lighing portion of the car from someone. This is a vehicle wiring issue. Could be something fairly simple ranging from a mis-spliced harness to a connector not fully seated in the back of the fuse box. We could all make assumptions on what the problem is, but without actually seeing what has been changed on the car, we can only check what we have seen in the past as an issue on these cars.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
accordcoupe94 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
i did the cluster install myself as well and the new cluster plugged right in. no modifications were necessary. nothing else in the car was done recently that should affect the cars dome light wiring. it was working up until about a month ago (i installed the alarm 2 weeks ago). i still dont understand what the "door trigger" wire senses for (i think its somewhat dumb if that just checks for a domelight). can i use another wire on the car for this "door trigger" wire?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic