icon

door trigger problem with viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
The door trigger wire does just that.... senses the door trigger. On Hondas, the door circuit before the light goes to ground (chassis) at the door switch itself. You can find the wires coming from the switch itself along the door sils. This will give you a definate trigger to ground. For the color, pull the switch and check the wire color on the back of it.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
why r u getting so frustrated you have made this into a bigger problem then it is if you say the switch is not working and you checked with the DMM then fine. then its something else if your such a season veteran then rewire the dome light and make it work or do you need me to tell you how to make a domelight relay? if your saying the current from the door trigger is not strong enough then make a relay to ground to trigger the alarm. I mean wats the big deal it just  a 94 accord so wat u are telling me is that your such a badass that cant seem to fix a simple issue .where all here for the same reason, for help troubleshooting. i didnt apperciate the way you bashed on other members of this fourum when all where doing is here to help each other and as for you i will never post on any of your topics again . have a nice day
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Heh... yeah Bobk, that's what I'm thinkin too. Riceman.... two words. Capitalization and punctuation. Gawd, the education system is screwed if apparent HS grads can't string together a written paragraph that is actually readable..... farkin' MSN generation.
Gus
accordcoupe94 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok. i found the problem. it has to do with the cluster. i tried pluging the old cluster back in and dome lights were fine. i think i have a cluster from a sedan and not from a coupe, so it somehow breaks a connection to the domelight, becasue the cluster believes i should have 4 doors i think. just wanted to prove that tekken, bobk, and riceman are all idiots and cant figure out something simple. like i said, dont bother to post and make yourself look any more stupid. thanks to gus1 for understanding and actually having some good suggestions, unlike the other 3 morons.
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
Cool. Glad you narrowed it down. Next step, if you're feeling adventurous (sp?) would be to narrow down the cluster difference, and perhaps modify the new cluster to trick it into thinking the car only has 2 doors. This could be fun, or it may be quite simple (perhaps a jumper or solder pad)
My main experience is with VW, and I know you can recode pretty much anything you want in the instrument cluster with the scan tool. IE: Tired of annoying seatbelt chimes and icons??? Turn 'em off! Same goes for ignition controlled locking, confirmation honks, etc. etc. As far as the Hondas and modding the electrical infrastructure easily, I'm out of the loop. There may be a decent Honda forum that is more hands on, fix/mod the car stuff out there somewhere. Someone on there may be able to point you in the right direction on the underlying difference between the two clusters.
Gus
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
hey gus1, play nice.....
were installers here, not grammar practicians.
you, too, accordcoupe94.... play nice.
may be they tell you the wrong idea, but its their way of learning (somewhat....)
as i remember, 94-97 accord 4drs has on-dash car-drs indicator and there are 4 indicators for 4drs. if you use this cluster on a coupe, youre looking at trouble.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
I think everyone should really take a few moments and read what this imbecil has written here prior, and how his lack of common sense and thought process really works.
accordcoupe94 You came on this forum seeking assistance to a problem which you created yourself, but was too lazy & arrogant to resolve.
So people such as myself suggested a course of action which all technicians follow. To make basic eletrical measurments with a DMM, to validate, or disprove the operation of a circuit, at each turn you ignored the suggestions and assistance you were given because you were not skilled enough, and too lazy to do so.
Did you try to trouble shoot as suggested??? No . . . Why??? Because you truly feel you are above making mistakes, and also too incompetant to check. . . Here are your own words.
accordcoupe94 wrote:
come to think of it, i did have my speedometer changed and i am not sure if it was from a coupe or sedan, but i doubt that would affect this problem. gauge cluster works perfectly
Doubt that would affect your problem??? Assumption on your part??? Which makes you ASS U ME !!! Yes . . . Because you were too lazy, and didnt want to bother to do some basic research on whether the cluster would affect your vehicle. This is why you are where you are today. Yet you blame others for your own short comings in common sense???
accordcoupe94 wrote:
just wanted to prove that tekken, bobk, and riceman are all idiots and cant figure out something simple
The only thing you have proved to people around the world, is your lack of trouble shooting skills & common sense. Since this problem was so simple, it only took you 3 weeks to find it???
Right . . . This is you ---> door trigger problem with viper 791xv - Page 3 -- posted image. for being such a clown, and not being able to resolve this problem within a day, which most people would have, who have one good working brain.
Are you lacking some grey matter in that mellon???
accordcoupe94 wrote:
like i said, dont bother to post and make yourself look any more stupid.
accordcoupe94 wrote:
i know its on a different circuit, but so what? its still being controlled by the same switch. whoop de do mr. cant connect the dots, how much easier can i explain this?
Your couldnt connect one dot, which was the cluster, perhaps someone needed to explain that to you too??
Once again, the only person who looks stupid is you !!
LMFAO . . . You know, part time I help many mentally challenged and down syndrome kids.
My mandate is to browden and expand their thinking skills to solve problems in life, so as in the end they will be able to function better in our society.
There is a young boy who's is severly challenged mentally, and I know if I gave him a simple command to do a task he would do so.
If I showed him how to remove a skrew from a fixed location such as a door latch, he would be able to repeat the very same task over and over without any problems.
Now how does this relate to you??? It appears you need someone like myself to physically come down and show you how to do a task, such as my little friend Josh.
The only differnce is that Josh's thinking process is quite abit higher than yours. How so you ask???
Well, because Josh would have simply followed the very fist thing I asked him to do, and to see whether there was a change in state, in the problem at hand.
You, on the other hand lacked the common sense to actually check anything and sat there like a little school girl crying because you, yourself were not able to fix the problem, you created !!!!
The title for king aszz idiot, is bestowed upon you !!!
Please feel free, to show us your lack of knowledge again...
Just remember, you are the very first one to call someone out with names, and not any other member. Because you are unable to communicate on a mature and professional manner, I guess I will have to lower myself for the time being to reply to you.
I have all the time in the world to reply to your silly, and incompetant replies.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
SUMMARY INCOMPETANCE of accordcoupe94:
1. Comes on to the 12 volt forum seeking help and assistance to a problem HE CREATED in the first place. Didnt bother to do ANY research to see if there was any compatibility issues.
There was !!!
2. Explained to him how to start the trouble shooting steps, to varify a go, or no go circuit(s). Four weeks later and the arrogant fool still cant bend over to use a DMM to eliminate potential faults.
Perhaps he lacks comprehension or understanding in how to use such a simple device???
Perhaps he didnt know how to use a phillips screw driver, or was too lazy to unscrew one single screw from the mounting point???
Your guess is as good as mine, I would opt for the former.
3. But please wait . . . We as a helpful membership are suppose to guess what he has, or hasnt done !!! door trigger problem with viper 791xv - Page 3 -- posted image.
A little hard to do since he is lacking in communication skills, and refuses to help himself in doing the most elementry task to verify a circuit.
Time and time again. Asked to do a task, and the only reply is *The light comes on*
Perhaps it is the light bulb in your head that is not on / working properly???
4. He comes back with no more information, but does have some childish remarks which really dont seem to be justified.
But hey, look who we are dealing with. A person who more than likely doesnt have two brain cells to rub to make friction to ignite a thought . . .
At the end of the day these are my personal thoughts:
- I am sorry I even tried to help you, even though it appeared that you were clueless.
- I am sorry that you couldnt figure out that you created your own problem, and took 4 weeks to discover your own incompetance.
- I am sorry that all the valuable members on this forum had to endure your lack of comprehension in this matter
- Over all, I am sorry that my friend Josh couldnt be there to guide you in this easy task.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
accordcoupe94 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
umm.. ok tekken. like i said. if it wassnt obvious enough, i did use a dimm if you bothered to read my posts. i am in college and home is about 5 hours away. that is where my original cluster was. that was why it took me so long to figure it out. im sorry, but you have not offered any good advice. i asked that perhaps i could tap another wire.. did you know of another? nope. i said the switch was fine and all you could think of was "its the switch". wrong again? yup. all of your mediocre attemps to help were useless. i changed the gauge cluster.. so what? when i mentioned it, did you suggest perhaps it is becasue it could be from a sedan? nope. you just said "its the switch" and time and time again, i told you its not the switch... and how else could i have known that unless i checked the damn thing already. if it is too hard to comprehend that "its not the switch" and help others by moving on to something else.. then im sorry, but you do look stupid for doing that. and bobk jumps on the boat of "its the switch" becasue he cant figure it out either. but its ok. keep up the near 1500 posts. its ok if you have no life and electronics is the only thing you have, even if you are not that good at it. its sad that you actually have 1500 posts where you most likely just annoyed people such as myself and did not offer any usefull information. well.. i must go back to studying , yes.. i have other things to do than just worry about a door trigger on my alarm, and earn my college degree, something someone of your low caliber must not have, or could ever obtain.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
accordcoupe94 wrote:
its sad that you actually have 1500 posts where you most likely just annoyed people such as myself and did not offer any usefull information. well.. i must go back to studying , yes.. i have other things to do than just worry about a door trigger on my alarm, and earn my college degree, something someone of your low caliber must not have, or could ever obtain.
-hey man, youre the first around here to create some complication.
-dont even try to mention about educations. there are many ppl on this forum have earn EE or Electrical tech degrees and still have the modest minds, not like urs.
-I am also a 3rd yr Egr student, Civil that is. so dont even try to mention "low caliber" or "obtaining a degree", cause you dont know who you are talkin to.
-again, play nice. since youre in college now, act like one.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic