icon

Sound Q’ Buffs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ss586 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
I need some really good SQ tracks to download for a demo CD. Various types of music. Some with really good guitar, drums, maybe some different types of percussion like bogos or something. Just need a wide variety that will sound good all around in a few of our shop vehicles. Thanks in advanced for any info and help!!!
ss586 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
BONGO'S, not bogos.............................sorry.
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Might want to look at "Rusted Root"
tomos 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  
Production I suppose is quite a subjective opinion. I love it when you play a cd on your high quality speakers and hear things in the music you didn't know were there. You just don't get that on over produced pop music I think because mass produced pop is designed to be played on headphones and on the radio.
Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone from the 'This Fire' album. Incredible production. Prodigy - Fat of the Land album, crazy bass electronica all over the place. In fact most electronic music seems well produced because it was generated entirely in a machine, though this is subjective because a lot of people like real instruments. Nirvana's Nevermind album took months to edit and all sorts of microphones and acoustics were set up to capture it. I could go on forever, but most importantly.. if you DOWNLOAD the tracks the quality isn't going to be worth putting on a demo cd..!
What's that flippie??
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  

One of the most kick-ass tracks that I have ever found for setup, testing, and display is called "Pull Me Under" by a band named Dream Theatre.  It is track one on the album "Images and Words"  It combines some excellent SQ areas with some chest cavitating bas about 3:50 into it.  You will not be disappointed.  BTW if you do find it I would give my first born child to have it as an mp3, I have destroyed both of my disc copies of the album, and am having a hard time finding another at the record stores in my area.  The rest of the album rocks out pretty well as well, and the song really describes most installers I know with the chorus line"Pull Me Under, I Am Not Afraid..."

If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
tomos 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  
Blue Eyeshadow by John B... Thats all you need. I promise!
What's that flippie??
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
"Some Things Never Change" - Supertramp
"This Kiss" - some hot country chick - I don't remember Sound Q’ Buffs -- posted image. - nevermind the fact that I HATE country music... ususal production values not withstanding!
"Vegas" - The Crystal Method
"Kiss the Girl" from the Disney Little Mermaid Soundtrack
I have more, but it's VERY early, and I may need to hurt someone to get some coffee...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  

Check out just about anything from this label:  http://www.naim-audio.com/  they have some good sampler cds in addition to their regular catalog.

Also anything recent from the label Verve http://www.ververecords.com (Diana Krall's records are usually quality)

I've found CDs from both of these labels to be excellently recorded.  The disc: Paganini: After A Dream is excellent. 

The Josh Groban CDs are of good quality and probably the best thing out there for demoing male vocals. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
Besides a pleasing vocal track, I like good percussion and horns, as well as electric guitar...to demo SQ.  One CD I've been listening to over and over is Steely Dan "Two Against Nature".  Good-ranging bass guitar throughout, too.  For a demo of bass extension, though, synthesized music will go the deepest.  But won't demo the quality you want to hear out of the mids and highs.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
anytime i feel like tweaking my eq, i put in the album Siamese Dream from Smashing pumpkins.
to me, the CD has everything needed, and its really a good cd to listen to from front to back.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic