icon

Remote turn on/speaker wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mr.toadman 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
well if i find the iginition wire and splice that to yellow then i could run another wire to the toggle switch then right for the remote wire setup for the amp??
chris_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
yes you can do that also. So you're looking to be able to turn the amp on or off manually, but have the deck turn on and off by the ignition?
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands
Mr.toadman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
that would be great i just have to turn the stero off manually already b ut i was asuming that if it turned the stero off automatically when ya turned the car off it would kill the poweer to the toggle switch
chris_h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
okay, it will kill the power to the toggle switch if your toggle switch is wired with the ignition wire. this way when the car is on, the toggle will have power to turn the amp on or off, and when the car is off it won't have power at all. so just make sure the toggle uses the ignition wire
Mr.toadman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
anyone else have any other ideas on this? finding a power source? thanks for the help chris.ill have to wait till tomorrow to buy a switch
chris_h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
No problem... let us know how this turns out
Mr.toadman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
would the igintion wire supply power?
chris_h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

Do you mean the main power for your amp? Your remote wire isnt the right gauge to do this. Power for your amp should be between 4 and 8 gauge, and a remote turn-on wire for an amp is usually 18 gauge.

Mr.toadman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
ok i just took a volt tester and got a 8v from the remote slot from the back of the deck.the wires are still connected i just poked inth to connector.should it read 12?this reader i got is a multipul one.it has ohm - x1k, dc v, ac v, dc mA.i have the knob on ohm xik setting and thats the only one making it read anythin.on the meter itself it only says ac10v.well    i plugged in a cigarrett lighter adapter and tested the plug it went up up ac10v but when i tested the remote connector it only read 8.the remote still aint workin and i cant get a read on the suppsent igintion wire.thers a wire i get a read of ac10v but it the hanes amnual it reads for the old factory deck the light illimuation.its a 95 pontiac.anyone help asap my car is torn apart
Mr.toadman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
or how about tappin the remote wire inth to light ill for the deck or i got a read from another one to.id just go get a 12v reader but my car is torn apart tso im stuck
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic