icon

Nakamichi, Eclipse or Alpine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Very true, i think they look nice because i am a classic basic kind of guy for my head units and i like the standard kind of look.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Ugly, take a look at the McIntosh, But it sounds incredible! Looks like a 1970's home reciever. Nak's sound great but will not play MP3's or CD-R's. (Not a fan of either but I get alot of demo materials and need to play them)The newest units might have been upgraded, don't think XM is available. Alpine has a bit more flash, more options and reasonable sound quality. Eclipse is the bridge between the sound quality of the Nak and the features of the Alpine. I have an Alpine CDA-7978 and have been happy with it. It will be replaced with an Eclipse next time around.
Don't forget all the flash and crap takes energy, generates heat and draws attention! Watch who was driving around with a LCD HU display in there dash. At night you can see them 200 feet away. Hope the alarm works! The Alpine OM says to increase sound quality turn off the display panel. (when you hit any of the buttons it returns for a few seconds. Why? the D/A convertors and other components have more power available and less heat to contend with.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
I never like MC Intosh head units, sure they have a interesting look to them, but i always have thought Nak sq was far better. Alpine doesn't even compare in the same league as Nakamichi either...
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

audiocableguy wrote:
don't think XM is available.

Nope.  I have my XM receiver connected to the Aux inputs on my Nak MB-100.  I mounted the XM remote on a stalk in my dash and it works great.

Support the12volt.com
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey DYohn, I was hinting toward the deck itself actually controlling an XM tuner . . . works the same either way!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I was actually agreeing with you!  My "Nope" meant "no XM controller."  Sorry if that was unclear... 
Support the12volt.com
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic