the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Nakamichi, Eclipse or Alpine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
uthink: Did you not read what DYohn said?
I think at this price point we're past "need." If you have the means, an external DAC can certainly make improvements, as DYohn wonderfully explained, subject to the law of diminishing returns.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
True, i just said the unit is great w/o an external thats all!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
True, i just said the unit is great w/o an external thats all!

What unit are you talking about?  The CD700II (and the MB-100) are the only Nakamichi car audio systems currently offered with external DAC units.  That's what this thread is about.  Your CD-45Z has everything (including the 4-channel amp) incorporated into one chassis.  A good HU, but not in the same class.

Support the12volt.com
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
I kno, i'm talking about the 700ii, but on a side note i love my head unit, as well as every nakamichi product I have ever owned. That is all.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
how come u guys are saying that nakamichi is an awesome head unit for sound but it looks like a factory unit that comes wiht the car. It looks very ugly.
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

AJRXtreme wrote:
how come u guys are saying that nakamichi is an awesome head unit for sound but it looks like a factory unit that comes wiht the car. It looks very ugly.

And that is entirely different from the way it sounds.  Looks and sound quality have absolutely nothing to do with one another.  I personally think Nakamichi (and Eclipse) head units are elegant and beautiful.  I will use nothing else in my cars.  If you want flashing lights, video screens and bling bling glitz, go for JVC, Pioneer, etc.

Support the12volt.com
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
YES, THATS WHY I LIKE IT AS WELL! I am not into flashy headunits that are screaming STEAL ME that is one of the reasons i am fond of Nakamichi. Seriously, who is desperate enough to steal something that looks like a stock unit? That flashy pioneer and kenwood stuff is begging to be stolen, as i have heard and seen then stolen before. Another plus for the nak! That is of course besides it's fantastic sound quality...
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
WOW never thought of it that way. That is actually very smart on the companies part to make them not as attractive.
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Indeed, another thing in the pro list list of its qualities. Really i can't think of one in the con!
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
I heard that Eclipse units are useless for anyone who steals them since they have an ESN (not Electronic Serial Number, but Eclipse Security Network) even though they have an electronic serial number on every unit. He (or she) who steals one will realise that the unit is rendered useless once removed from a vehicle. Of course that does not help the person who lost it but something to thwart the educated thief. And I think the CD700ii HU from Nakamichi isn't ugly. Just simple and plain looking. In my eyes, it is beautiful (not jazzy or flashy) and in my eyes, real beauty need not be flashy, like a beautiful girl that does not need to wear a load of makeup. Again, thats just my opinion.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic