icon

I need fronts that are indestructible

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with alpine guy...make her pay for new ones...might be mad at you for a little while but she will respect what you tell her about her system from now on
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
i forgot to say that if you do this...good luck...it didn't work for me with my fiance...i just want to see someone else out there get away with it so that i may live vicariously through their manhood
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Seriously, I'd make her buy new ones. It will make her realize 1) gain isn't a volume control and 2) careless behavior breaks equipment.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure she understands the gain contro is not a fun toy..it is not a loudness switch   haha     then get some new one's and if she breaks them...she can blare the rears till they die
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Jeffpaulus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

I am surprised that no one has suggested this yet:

6 inch speakers usually blow  because of too much bass.  You can solve this problem by either setting a highpass filter on the amp or deck, set it above 120 hz.  Even better, add a sub to the system, then crossover your fronts at 250hz. She will have to make ear drums bleed before a pair of MB Quarts will blow crossed over above 250hz.  I work at a car audio shop and this is what we do for customers who keep blowing nice speakers.

Deck -     Eclipse CD8443 - $475
Speakers - Boston BAZ5 - $1000
Amp -      Alpine MRV-T420 - $400
Car -      1988 PLymouth Colt - $450, it's been rolled!
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

LOCKTIGHT!!! that's pretty funny

I'm going to start making 'block-off plates' for popular brand amps, installers can use these for problem customers!

The "warranty void if removed" stickers  would work wonders over the holes too. Stick a few of these over the gains and crossover

harvey1959 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  
You guys are too funny.  My wife likes the sound in her van and I don't have to worry about an amp because she don't like it loud.
Harv
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
Dont feel bad...i have blown many mb quart speakers but thank God they were under warranty though.
just tell her everytime you touch the stereo. no love making for a week. i used to say that to my ex. i was trying to get her to stop smoking and for every cig. that she had, no love makign for a week. that did the trick pretty fast!
oh and ground her too!
xTimx
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

Wait until your my age, xTimx.....my wife would be thrilled if it were once a week!  I need fronts that are indestructible - Page 2 -- posted image.

And this is a situation where my yet-to-be-designed-and-patented invention would work really well........a control attached to the deck that you can set to limit volume.

And oh yeah....did you say she's your ex?  Hmmmmmm, wonder why?  lol

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
rofl - Yeah, I can't say I've heard of any situation where the male withholding sex works for any extended period of time.
In fact, that's probably the worst idea I've ever heard. I can just picture that conversation at my house.
Me: "If you change the dial I'll withhold sex."
Her: "Ok"
Me: "damnit."
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic